Saturday, July 07, 2007

Hello from Sunny Texas

Greetings from Texas, where the rain has stopped (for now) and we're looking forward to the Romance Writers of America conference here next week. If you are in the Dallas area, I hope you will come to the Literary Booksigning on Wednesday evening, beginning at 5:30 pm at the Hyatt Hotel. You can get more information on the RWA website - www.rwanational.org.

I hope to sign my July release, TEMPORARILY TEXAN, at the autographing if the books arrive. Publishers donate the books and all the proceeds go to literacy efforts.

TEMPORARILY TEXAN is the first book in my new "Brody's Crossing" series for HAR. Brody's Crossing is a fictional town in a real part of Texas, near the Young County seat of Graham. This is an interesting region where cattle ranches, oil and mineral reserves, and gravel pits exist with rolling hills, rocky mesas, and rampant wildflowers. My friend and fellow writer, Rebecca Russell, and I went to Graham, TX for a research trip last winter. The area hadn't changed much from the first time I visited with my late mother-in-law years ago to attend the wedding of a cattle rancher's daughter. I hope to have some of the photos uploaded on my website, but probably not until after the RWA conference!

Our July Harlequin American Romances will be out starting Tuesday, so please take a look. One thing about my book cover, though; the heroine's "real" haircolor is black. (Hint: Her name is RAVEN!) On the cover, she has light brown hair. I have no idea why the art department does this sometimes, but the setting is really nice inside Dewey's, a regular meeting place in Brody's Crossing, Texas. Come visit me there!

Victoria

4 comments:

Christa said...

Have fun at RWA

Victoria Chancellor said...

Thanks, Christa. I plan to have a great time. There will plenty of recovery time next week!

Victoria

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a blast at RWA! I will be sure and look for Temporarily Texan in the bookstore. I absolutley LOVE the name Raven and actually wanted to name my youngest daughter that, but my hubby didn't like it :( so we opted for Jordan instead. But lo and behold, 4 months after our youngest was born, my hubby's brother and his wife had a baby girl and guess what they named her? Why, Raven, of course!! At least I have the name in the family!

CrystalGB said...

Hope you have a great RWA experience.
I am always annoyed when the cover of a book isn't a correct depiction of the story. Makes you wonder what the art department was thinking.