Monday, July 09, 2007

Movies and Packing

Like Victoria I’m getting ready to attend the national Romance Writer’s conference in Dallas. The rain has finally stopped and the sun is out and shining brightly. We haven’t seen much of it lately and for once I’m glad to see it.

I’ll be signing Once A Cowboy at the Literacy Signing so if you’re in Dallas stop by and visit with all the American authors at the Hyatt Regency. We’d love to see you.

I’ve been packing for two days trying to figure out what to wear. (I hate that part) There’s a lot of parties, luncheons, meetings, workshops and just visiting with old friends and making new ones. It’s a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to it. On Sunday the fun ends and it will be time to go home and back to writing. Being around so much creativity recharges my batteries and I’ll be eager to see my computer and start weaving stories again.

As I was packing I got sidetracked with a movie on television—Jeremiah Johnson. I saw about the last forty-five minutes. I’d forgotten how incredibly handsome Robert Redford was in his younger days. He’s not bad now but, wow, I found myself staring at the screen a lot. If you haven’t seen it, it’s an old western set in the Colorado Mountains in the 1800s. I missed the first part and I don’t know how he ended up in the mountains by himself. I don’t even know if it was an actually movie or a movie made for television. I’d look it up, but I have to finish packing. Grrr!

Has anyone seen this movie? How did Jeremiah end up all alone? I enjoyed watching something a little different than what’s usually on TV. And Robert Redford was enough to keep me spellbound. I guess I like the strong, silent, gorgeous type. (sigh) Now back to the dreaded suitcase. I don’t think I can close it. Everyone, have a great week.
Linda Warren

5 comments:

Cherie J said...

Never seen the movie so I can't comment on that but I did want to wish you a safe trip to RWA. Never been to one so please enjoy it for me as well. :-)

Linda Warren said...

Cherie j,
Thanks. If the conference ever comes to a city near you, you need to attend. You'll see lots of authors and you can have your pick of books to buy. Next year its in San Francisco. Is that near you?

It is a bit overwhelming at times and there seems to be a steady diet of chocolate and wine. Lots of celebrating. And visiting. It really is fun--and tiring. I'm always ready to return home. Hope I can get some good pictures to post. I'm hopeless with a camera.

Till next week.
Linda

Christa said...

Don't you hate it when you painstakinly spend hours or days packing only to find out you packed wrong. On a recent visit to my sister's, I packed the day before. Figuring I was going to up there for 10 days, I packed 3 pants and 3 shorts(that's all that were left after trying them on again. I think material shrinks when left in drawer undisturbed). I figured I'd be wearing pants more because at that time it wasn't overly warm here. Boy was I wrong. Luckily there was a store very close that had a sale on some nice shorts.

Victoria Chancellor said...

Hi,Linda. Jeremiah Johnson is a wonderfully sad movie. His wife and I believe son were killed and he ended up alone. Tragic, but probably realistic for the time. I wrote a mountain man in one of my time travel paranormals, Across the Rainbow, and he was one of the characters I really fell in love with. He also lived a secluded, lonely life except for the time he visited the heroine's family. Oh, don't get me started on sad characters! I'll see you in Dallas. I'm going to the Hyatt on Tuesday for lunch, but not checking in until Wednesday.
Victoria

catslady said...

I wish I could help on the ending because I did see the movie but it was too long ago for my brain cells.

Have fun!!