Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Those who know me or who have read my books know that I like irreverent one-liners, quirky characters and don't take myself too seriously. However, if you'll permit me just this once, I'm gonna get serious on you. It's Memorial Day and as an Army brat who is also the niece of a Veteran, that means a lot to me. Our country may not be perfect, but I believe that it's special and unique and I love America. I'm so grateful to those who've sacrificed to make the country what it is and to protect our ideology--the men and women in our military services, of course, but also those of us who worry about them when they're gone and try to send good thoughts, care packages and anything else we can think of to give them a little piece of home. My prayers are with all of you.

So, happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone and I promise, next time I blog, I'll bring the funny :-)

No comments: