Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day weekend

Hi guys,
Memorial Day is one of my favorite holidays. I know - that's kind of weird considering it's such a solemn occasion. But I have an excuse. It's my birthday! Plus, it heralds the beginning of summer. When I was growing up in south Texas that was a big deal. It meant school was out, and we could swim all day long - in the river, the lake, the ocean, anything that had a puddle of water. Now I live in the Pacific Northwest and swimming is dicey, at best. In fact - now don't laugh at this, especially if you're living where the summers average 95 degrees and 65% humidity - we frequently have to wear those cute little summer sweaters. I still think that's amazing!

So check out my September Everlasting Love book, Summer After Summer that - as you can probably guess - is a celebration of summer in the south.

Have a wonderful weekend and a great summer. Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a GREAT birthday, Ann!
I love birthdays...and can completely relate to the hot Texas humidity and the thrill of a gulf coast visit to the beach~I grew up in Houston, just an hour's drive to Galveston.

Boy, it's been quite some time since I thought about that. Thanks for the reminder!

Shelley