Thursday, November 30, 2006

Writing Projects

Hi Kara, your firefighter series sounds wonderful. What woman can resist a firefighter hero!

I'm in the middle of my McKade Brothers series. Aaron Under Construction came out Aug 2006. (Takes place in a hispanic Barrio of Los Angeles) Nelson in Command hits the shelves Jan 07 (Small Illinois dairy farm) and Ryan's Renovation (Neighborhood in Queens NYC) comes out Aug 07. Before Ryan's book I've got a short story included in the *Summer Lovin'* American Anthology called The Preacher's Daughter out June 07 (fictitious town in the Colorado mountains). Next up is a series which takes place in the Kentucky Appalachian Mountains. The books center around a Scotch-Irish clan whose ancestors settled the area in the 1700's. I'm having a great time researching the area, customs and people. Someday I hope to travel there!

Happy Reading!
Marin
www.marinthomas.com

4 comments:

Jeanmarie Hamilton said...

Hi, Marin!
This is a great idea and I'm so glad you all decided to do this. By the way, I knew this was your blog just by reading the first two lines. Sounded just like you. ;-) When you have time hop on over to http://titlewave.blogspot.com and say hello. Glad to see I'll have plenty to keep me busy reading in the upcoming months!
Jeanmarie

Marin Thomas said...

Hi Jeanmarie--Thanks for stopping by and best of luck on your American Romance Contest entry!

Kara Lennox said...

Marin, I have to say I LOVE your titles.

Marin Thomas said...

Kara, I wish I could take credit for my titles but they are definitely a brainstorming effort with my editors. I'm one of those authors who doesn't get attached to her titles...if I could get away with it I'd put Book 1, Book 2, Book 3 in my headers, hand the whole process over to my editor and be done with it :-) Often, I end up having to send in two lists of title ideas before one is picked--ugh!