Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Update on the Orchard Mason Bees

Happy May, everyone!

Back in March, I posted about the orchard mason bees my hubby brought home from the nursery. I never thought they’d hatch, but two weeks ago, they did. At last! (And since I bet my hubby $.50 they wouldn’t, I owe him…)

They’re tiny, with blue bodies, and non-aggressive. With plenty of fruit and other blossoms everywhere, they’re very busy. Now I know where the expression “busy bees” comes from.

Time will tell if we actually grow peaches. I’ll let you know sometime this summer.



Ann
www.annroth.net
A Father for Jesse July, 2009

7 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Neat. I've never seen blue bees before.

EllenToo said...

Here's hoping the blue bees don't produce blue peaches.lol Actually I'm glad the bees hatched and hope you get lots of peaches.

Sara said...

That is really interesting. Blue bodies...

Hope you get lots and lots of peaches.

Anonymous said...

Trish- It IS neat. We're having fun, watching them flit here and there.

EllenToo- Blue peaches?! Funny! And makes me wonder...how do you think color affects our tastebuds? Once, I flew someplace on St. Pat's day. This was back when airlines served food. The airline offered green bagels and I couldn't even try one! So blue peaches? No thanks.

Sara- I hope so, too. I have this killer peach pie recipe, and fresh peaches make it so good.

Estella said...

Hope you get lots of fruit from your blue bee pollinated blossoms!

Anonymous said...

Estella- I'll let you know!

penney said...

I never seen it I will look on google and see. Thanks I hope you get lots of fruits, bees are one of my biggest scare! I'll pick up a tarantula or snake any time!
Penney