Wednesday, August 06, 2008

RWA Conference

Whew! I’m just now recovering from the RWA conference held last week in San Francisco. My laundry is done, I’ve cleaned out my purse, my domestic crises are solved, and I’m looking forward to getting caught up on my sleep. On the turista front we rode a cable car (squashed in with tons of vacationers), enjoyed ice cream at Ghirardelli Square (chocolate, of course) and shopped in China Town (can you say jewelry). Not to mention we made several visits to a gigantic mall (including the biggest Nordstrom’s I’ve ever seen) that was conveniently located half a block from our hotel.

Oh, that’s right - we were there on business, and believe it or not we did manage to conduct a lot of business. For me, national conferences are vital to my understanding of the publishing game. It’s a great time to see old friends, to get caught up on the market trends, to have one-on-one meetings with my agent and editor, to learn something new and to spend quality time with people who understand sitting in front of a computer and talking to imaginary friends.

As a bonus we celebrated Harlequin American’s 25th birthday. HAR authors – you rock, and happy birthday HAR!

Ann

Ann DeFee
2008 Book Buyer’s Best Award (long contemporary) for Summer After Summer, Harlequin Everlasting Love, September 2007
2008 Holt Merit Award (short contemporary and southern theme), Georgia On His Mind, HAR August 2007

HAR, The Man She Married, February 2009

No comments: