Sunday, June 08, 2008

CELEBRATING 20TH BOOK RELEASE

Yesterday I had a book signing for my 20th book release, Always A Mother, Harlequin Super Everlasting. The signing went very well and my friends and I decided to really celebrate afterward. We went to see Sex And The City, without husbands. We asked but they refused to go. Go figure.

Since I write a lot, I don’t get to the movies as often as I would like. I’m still in shock. I never watched the show when it was on TV, but I did catch it on reruns late at night when I’d unwind from a day of writing. Oh my God kept running through my head, followed by can they do that on TV? Can they say that on TV? Yes they can and yes they did. And they did much more in the movie.

Color me naive, prudish or just out of touch. I felt the nudity and some sex scenes were over the top. But the young college girls loved it, giggled and shouted to prove it. Times have certainly changed. I think it’s the same in the books we read, too. I love home and hearth and that’s why I write it. But the young girls in that movie theatre would probably find my books very boring. Today everything is about more. Nothing is left to the imagination.

So what do you like in the books you read? More or less?

Let me tell you we had a great time at the movies, laughed with the young girls, and went out to eat afterward and toasted book number #20, which is all about home and family—very minimal nudity and profanity.

Here’s to another twenty. OhmyGod! I don’t think I’ll make it.

Linda (who’s very tired today)
Always A Mother – Harlequin Super Everlasting June 2008
Texas Heir – Harlequin American Sep 2008

16 comments:

Estella said...

I read both less and more, depending on the mood I'm in.

Linda Goodnight said...

Cheers on that 20th book!

Linda Goodnight
www.lindagoodnight.com

Anonymous said...

Cheers to you, Linda. I love your books, so I'm already rooting for you for another twenty more!
I had to laugh about your Sex and the City comment. Never watched the show and wasn't too interested in the movie...something to do with meeting my husband at 17, I guess. I missed out on all that dating angst!

Congrats, again.

Shelley

Linda Warren said...

I'll try to post again. For some reason my replies are being hijacked.

Estella,
In my case I think it's more an age thing.

Linda,
Thank you. I love your name.

Shelley,
I met my husband in high school at seventeen, too. What a coincidence. We started dating and never stopped.
Thank you so much for the nice compliment. That's so sweet and it's better than watching Sex And The City.
Linda

Gillian Layne said...

Huge congrats on your 20th! :)

I love the comfort of home and hearth as well. Not much beats it. I'm so glad there are a strong group of writers still offering 'gentle' romance.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, Linda!

Sarita Leone said...

Congrats on the 20th! :)

Linda Warren said...

Gillian,
Thank you. That is so nice to hear. You've made my day.
Linda

Linda Warren said...

Ann and Sarita,
Thank you. Today the celebrating has stopped and I'm back at work, listening to the characters in my head. And we're having a pretty good time.
Linda

EllenToo said...

I don't like a lot of explicit sex in books or movies or TV shows so there are a lot of shows I won't watch on TV. And I won't read erotica.
Glad you had a great time at the movies and congratulations on book #20 and to another 20 in the years to come.
PS: Loved "Always A Mother"and "Texas Bluff".

Linda Warren said...

Ellen,
Thank you. I'm so happy you enjoyed Alway A Mother and Texas Bluff. Yay! I'm celebrating again. It's good to celebrate with friends. Thank you again.
Linda

Phoebe Jordan said...

Congrats on your 20th book release! I'm happy you and your friends had a great time at the movies. And don't worry Linda you will make it to another 20 more book releases.

Linda Warren said...

Ivette,
Ah, thank you for that vote of confidence. I'll keep it in mind when Im struggling. Thank you.
Linda

CrystalGB said...

Congratulations on your 20th book!

Linda Warren said...

Crystal,
Thank you. At times it's hard to believe. But nice.
Linda

Barbara White Daille said...

Linda - what a wonderful milestone!

Congrats on your 20th book, and may you have double that many--at least!--in your future.

Best,
Barbara

http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com