Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!


Do you ever feel like you can't keep up? Like you're stuck on that proverbial hamster wheel with no hope of getting off?? Well, two weeks into summer, when I'm supposed to finally be catching my breath, I'm more behind in my goals than ever! Ugh!! (This pic is of a bulletin board I made for another teacher last fall. The leaves took FOREVER!! )

My new classroom is amazing, but crammed with at least thirty years worth of dust and stuff and junk. In between daily professional development classes and cleaning, I haven't even made a dent in getting the room ready for our August 11th start date. And that's just room prep. I still have to come up with 180+ days of insightful art lesson plans that follow the state standards. Was it really only as month ago that I thought my new job was a dream come true? LOL!!

My laptop broke, and I thought I'd save a few bucks by taking it to a *small guy* for repair. BIG mistake!! Every time I type about fifteen letters, then hit the space bar, the cursor jumps up a few lines. Anyone have a clue what the problem might be? I've tried reinstalling Microsoft Works, but it still doesn't work. I've checked under the keys for Cheetos, but that didn't work, either. Guess now, on top of what I already shelled out, I'll call the expensive repair shop I usually go to!! Grrr!!!

With the twins on the verge of driving, Hubby and I are spending the day car shopping. The plan is that the kids get our old cars, and we get new. Well . . . new to us, anyway! LOL!! I heard a car dealer ad while cleaning my classroom that bragged about low mileage Civics for $5995. Sounds a tad too good to be true, but we'll take a looksee.

In the mean time, I have a book deadline barreling down on me, and nothing to write it on. Yes, I could use the main computer back like I did in the olden days, but like every other creature in this house, I'm spoiled rotten, and have gotten to the point that I can only write new material on my laptop. I know, whine, whine.

On the brighter side, yesterday, I snuck a couple of hours off to play with the kids and we went to see Ironman. I expected to nap through it, but REALLY enjoyed it--although there certainly could've been more romance!! LOL!!!

Have a happy Saturday!!!

3 comments:

Phoebe Jordan said...

I understand about laptop problems because I've had nothing but trouble from mine since I bought it. Since I bought my Dell Inspiron 1520 notebook on November 16, 2007 I have experienced nothing but trouble with the hard drive. I talk to Dell Technical support about it around December 14 or there about and all they do is run me ragged with all these diagnostic tests on the system and tell me that it's the hard drive that is corrupted. They then send me a new hard drive, which I have to install myself and note but almost a couple of days ago the hard drive crashed on me again.

I spent one whole day trying to get it fixed and missed my class trying to talk to them and help me understand what is wrong with my computer. They ran me ragged again with all these diagnostic tests on the system just to find out that it was my hard drive that had been corrupted again. So the send me another hard drive last week and I replaced it and this afternoon it crashed on me and I can't even get on anymore. I was talking to the Dell Technical Support technician and I kept getting disconnected with them. I was really upset at the time. Luckily it's been okay so far.

Estella said...

I don't have a laptop yet. I keep on hoping.

Michele Dunaway said...

I write on my alpha smart if I'm not at my computer. It's a whole lot easier.

I have a macbook from work which I use for teaching stuff, which means it comes with my building tech person and the school district mac guru for support.

Laura--great bulletin board. I have two in my classroom but since it's high school, I use one for all my stuff I can't lose and the other for announcements the office sends for the kids to read. (Like that happens.) The other three are for yearbook and newspaper stuff and the editors use them.

Low mileage Civics could easily be 100,000. My exhusband has one that has 250,000 miles and my yearbook rep's is almost at 200,000. :)