Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Unfool

Big news! In a couple of days – Thursday, to be exact – I’ll be celebrating my 29th birthday.

Okay, since I’ve been published for about 25 years, I guess you wouldn’t buy that. Remember, this is April Fool’s Day.

I’m actually turning 59. Just beyond hovers the specter of 60, but so what? I’ve been dyeing my hair for years, so I’m not turning gray. And 58 has been a good year. Here are the highlights:

--Our younger son graduated from high school and successfully completed his first semester at college (yay!).

--Our older son plans to graduate in May with both bachelors and masters degrees in computer science, and has accepted a terrific job starting in September – only an hour’s drive from us (double yay!).

--I wrote three books for Harlequin American, of which the first, The Family Next Door, comes out in May.

--We celebrated my mother’s 90th birthday in Nashville, Tennessee. She’s not only going strong, she’s better than over (Google the name Sylvia Hyman and see for yourself).

--I signed with a new (to me) agent, the talented Laura Bradford.

--My niece Jessy and her husband Frank had the first baby of the next generation in our family.

Do I wish I looked like I did twenty or thirty years ago? Sure. Would I want to repeat those years? Nope. Once was enough. Besides, life’s way too interesting right now.

Happy birthday to me, and to all of you April babies!

6 comments:

Estella said...

Happy Birthday!

Christa said...

Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a good year. Remember your 21 with 38 years experience

EllenToo said...

Hey --- there's nothing wrong with being over 60 with gray hair as long as you are fit and trim as well. Your "Family Next Door" is on the top of my TBR pile. Anyway Happy Birthday.

Jacqueline Diamond said...

Thanks, everyone!

Sarita Leone said...

Happy Birthday! And congrats to your mom, too! What an accomplishment! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!