Thursday, March 27, 2008

Moving/real estate angst

Hi guys,
We're in the middle of real estate angst - buying, selling, new construction, resale, staging, yada, yada, yada. Did you hear my primal scream? In the fall we decided it was time to move back to the East Coast to be closer to our kids and grandkids, and that was the beginning of our odyssey. In early March we made a marathon trip that included 3 states (MD, VA and NC), 8 communities (Easton, MD, Columbia, MD, Fredericksburg, VA, Virginia Beach, VA, Chapel Hill, NC, Pinehurst, NC, Raleigh, NC and Williamsburg, VA), and heaven only knows how many houses. That reconnaissance trip was to help us decide exactly where we wanted to go. And the winner was Williamsburg. All we have to do is get the puzzle pieces to fit. Just thinking about it gives me a headache.

Now we're in the selling phase. Yikes! Talk about painful. We've interviewed 5 realtors. Yeah, I know - major overkill. But a couple of those were friends or friends of friends - you get the drift. Once we decide on the realtor, the listing/showing fun really begins. Whew, I'm already tired. And I have a May deadline. Guess who isn't even halfway finished. If someone should walk in and want the house ASAP I'm in big trouble. But considering the market, I think that's highly unlikely.

So wish me luck - I'm afraid I'm going to need it.

Ann DeFee

Goin' Down to Georgia, Harlequin American Romance, March 2008

4 comments:

Estella said...

I've only had a couple of experiences with real estate agents. Was very lucky both times. Sold in a week both times for full asking price.
Good luck!

Estella said...

I've only had a couple of experiences with real estate agents. Was very lucky both times. Sold in a week both times for full asking price.
Good luck!

Jennifer Faye said...

Wishing you lots of luck with the sale and the move. Williamsburg is absolutely beautiful. You picked a really nice area.

Anonymous said...

Found your site on technorati, under "alexandria va real estate".

Anyways, cool post. All my listings have been sitting for three moths plus. Yeah it's higher end stuff but still the market is slow.