Sunday, November 04, 2007

Who's got the time?

Everyone has the same twenty-four hours in a day, right?

Then why do I always feel as though I've gotten shortchanged?

Okay, there is that single day of the year when many areas of the country "Spring Ahead," move their clocks forward, and lose an hour. But after a lifetime living in an area that changes its clocks, I've relocated to a state that doesn't, so I don't even have that excuse!

(Worse luck, I don't "Fall Back," either, which means that last night I didn't gain an hour I definitely could have used.)

Still, my days seem as though they're getting shorter and shorter, my To Do lists absolutely are getting longer and longer, and I'm trying to find ways to lower my stress level by getting more done in less time.

One friend suggested I try using a timer, setting it for a specific number of minutes, jumping into whatever project or job is next on the list, and working flat-out and focused on only that one task until the buzzer goes off.

Have you had any luck with that technique?

Have you got any other timesaving, work-producing, To-Do-list-managing tips in your toolbox?

If you have, then you've probably got lots of time to share them. (grin) So, please do!


All my best to you,

Barbara

~~~~~~

Barbara White Daille
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

5 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I wish I could share some "time" tips--but I'm still looking for them, too!

And even though we got an extra hour, my daughter was up at "normal" time, so I couldn't sleep in and enjoy it. Grrr.

LOL!

Barbara White Daille said...

Hey, Jennifer,

Sorry you couldn't take advantage of the extra hour.

As for needing tips yourself, stay tuned--I'm sure the great readers and writers of this blog will have plenty to offer!

Best,

Barbara

www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Heather MacAllister said...

That sounds like the Flylady technique. (flylady.net) Yes, I love to set stuff for 15 minutes and tell myself I can quit after that. What I find interesting is that I don't estimate time correctly. I think things will take longer to finish than they actually do.

Heather

Barbara White Daille said...

Hey, Heather,

As a matter of fact, I think my friend *did* hear about the idea from FlyLady.

And I agree with you about things not taking as much time as we think. We could actually use that as a technique, too--a way to motivate us to get started! LOL

Best,

Barbara

www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Lily said...

I have absolutely no trick, no to-do list... I am not the most organized person!