Thursday, November 08, 2007

That time of the year...

The dreaded time change happened this weekend in Texas and other states. On Sunday I was rested, but for the rest of this week my internal clock hasn’t been on board. I’m awake before its time to get up and about ten o’clock at night, when I should be writing, my internal clock starts saying “bed time”. It’ll take about a week for my internal clock to reset. I really wish they would leave the time alone. Believe me, I don’t need anything else to confuse or irritate me.

How does everyone else feel about this? Do you look forward to DST? Or are you grumpy like me at having my internal clock reset by people I don’t even know? I’m beginning to really like Arizona.

Since I won’t be posting again until December, I want to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Now that’s my favorite time of the year – a special day to enjoy family and friends and to give thanks for all the blessings in my life. By then I might even be more congenial about DST.

Wishing you all the best,
Linda Warren
Adopted Son – Sep 2007 Super Romance
Texas Bluff – Feb 2008 Super Romance (Book#5 Texas Hold ‘Em Series)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda,
I don't care for driving home in the dark. I sometimes suffer from seasonal adjustment depression. I do like the extra hour of sleep but I suffer in the spring when we loss that same hour. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours
Beth

CrystalGB said...

I prefer the other time. I hate that it gets dark so early.

Jennifer Faye said...

Hi Linda! I don't know. I guess DST doesn't bother me. Well, that's after I get all of the clocks, vcr's, furnace, microwave, and cars set to the correct time. The one thing that did annoy me was the gov. changing the week you adjust the clocks. It messed with everything that resets itself for DST automatically so I had to readjust those things one week and fix them again the next week. Grrr...

Estella said...

DST doesn't bother me. I have always been early to bed, early to rise.

Lily said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too ;)

Nathalie said...

I hate the new time... when we come back from work it is already so dark!!

Linda Warren said...

Beth,
I don't like it geeting dark so early either. And I'm with you about seasonal depression. Like tonight I plan to work late, but I haven't been able to work past eleven. I get sleepy. Thta makes me depressed because at this rate I'll never meet my deadline.

Hey, I like this venting. I'm getting it out of my system.
Linda

Linda Warren said...

Crystal,
I don't like it getting dark so early either. After dinner, it seems like its time for bed and it's only 6:30. Aack!
Linda

Linda Warren said...

Jennifer,
Isn't that the truth? That irritated me, too. We set everything and about an hour later the power went out just for a few minutes, but we had to do it all over again.
This is my day to complain, and I'm kind of liking it.
Linda

catslady said...

I don't like it either. I too wish they'd just leave it alone.

Linda Warren said...

Estella,
Yay! I'm so glad I found someone who likes the time change. Good for you. Early to bed and early to rise is a good motto. My mother was like that, too. And I'm really trying to be more like her.
And still trying.
Linda

Linda Warren said...

Lily,
I love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. Just fun, food and visiting. Yep, my favorite holiday.
And may yours and mine be filled with many blessings.
Linda

Linda Warren said...

Nathalie,
I know exactly what you mean. I was up at 5:30 a.m. this morning (Oh, God, it makes my head hurt to think about it)to write. To actually finish what I didn't last night because my internal clock is out of whack. And it didn't get daylight until almost seven.
Now this evening it will dark before I know it.
I'm still adjusting.
Linda

Linda Warren said...

Catslady,
I'm voting with you - leave it alone. I don't know if I'm lazy or getting too old to change. Now there's a depressing thought.
Linda