Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer Sales

Now that's a subject that makes me crazy - sales that start before the season is even in full swing. In our part of the world (the Pacific Northwest), the kids aren't out of school and the stores are already emptying the shelves of everything pertaining to summer. Next thing I know, they'll be advertising back to school supplies. Yikes!! By August you can't buy a pair of shorts for love nor money.

Not to mention the fact that we're probably the only place in the western hemisphere that hasn't had a glimpse of summer - lows in the 40s, highs in the 60s. Yep, I know - you're all playing
Poor Pitiful Pearl on your smallest violin. LOL But, when winter rolls around, we have RAIN!

So that's my rant for the day. It has nothing to do with writing, but I did make a pilgrimage to Coldwater Creek to their 60% off sale. Big smile - I got some cool stuff.

AnnDeFee
Georgia On His Mind - August 2007
The Perfect Tree - Christmas Anthology - November 2007

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

One store I went into already has their summer picnic and serving ware (pitchers/plates/cups/etc) on sale! Summer just started! Oh well, more savings for me I guess :)

Most stores are now trying to get rid of their summer attire so that when the winter clothing arrives in early August(although, we don't need winter clothing until late Oct/mid Nov) there will be room!

Anonymous said...

I used to hate working in retail and you had to know how many items you should order for winter when the summer wasn't even here yet and vice versa. Yikes!!! Good for you on the sales; I love sales and bargains.

Anonymous said...

again, anonymous is robynl

Maureen said...

It's so true. Last year there were back to school supplies in Wal-Mart in July.

Unknown said...

The sales do not take into account my wait-till-the last minute personality. I am never organized enough to buy clothes for the NEXT season. I'm a live-in-the-moment kind of gal.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ann!

Your posts always make me smile. Going to Coldwater Creek for the sale is on my list for the weekend. Hooray for 60%!

Shelley, who lives in Cincinnati...and it's another 90* day with no rain in sight. ugh.

www.shelleygalloway.com

CrystalGB said...

It always amazes me how stores stock their shelves. I get frustrated when you can't find items during the current season.

Unknown said...

I love Cold Water Creek and 60% off how awesome is that

Cherie J said...

I have to laugh because it is so true. Hubby and I went away this past weekend and I couldn't believe how many stores were having summer clothing sales. I picked up some great deals for me and the kids but I am still surprised at how these summer sales get earlier and earlier.

Anonymous said...

Summer items on sale in June; Halloween items on the shelves in August; Christmas items on the shelves in September....it's all the same. The merchants just want to get a jump on the profits!

Estella said...

Before we know it holiday merchandise will be on the shelves year round.