Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Hangover!!!

Is it possible to have too much fun on Mother's Day? I'm exhausted!! LOL!! For starters, all three of my sweeties made cards with actual handwritten notes inside!! You may laugh, but getting teens to write from the heart when they're not being given extra credit isn't easy!!

We then headed off to the Muskogee Renaissance Faire. Son #1 took his girlfriend, so they promptly ditched us, but Daughter and Son #2 were smart and stayed with the money!! (The only time we saw Son #1 all day was when he ran low on cash!! )

The pic is from left to right, Son #2, Daughter, Son #1's girlfriend, Son #1. We happened upon the happy couple practicing archery, and needing cash for ice cream!!


After weeks of rain, the day was gorgeous and sunny--just right for munching on all of the yummy food!! The hands-down family fave was chizlicks (I know I'm spelling this wrong), which is elk steak. AMAZINGLY tasty!! We were at the grocery store last night, and Daughter asked the butcher if they're able to get elk. He'd never heard of an elk!!! We found this funny, but then seeing how we had the giggles from too much sun and sweets, pretty much anything would've made us laugh!!

I made pasta salad for dinner, then we all sat down for a movie. Turistas convinced me to never EVER again leave the country!! Wow, was it scary!!!

I was sad that I didn't get to see my mom on Mother's Day, but she and Dad were planting trees to replace the ones our late ice storm killed.

Anyway, I hope all of you other mothers out there are feeling as hungover on happiness as I am!! Now, it's back to reality. I'm working on a fun new writing project, but I'm thinking it may have to wait until after I take a nap!!

Anyone else have any Mother's Day fun to share??

4 comments:

Christa said...

I think a mother's day hangover is a real possibility. We went to my dad's for a bbq and I got back jjust before 9 to watch the season finale of Desperate Housewives and switching channels to see who won Survivor. Then about 11 my friends got back so I went upstairs to watch a few episodes of Alias(They have all six seasons. I never got into that show on tv. I think it has something to do with having to wait a week in between) The few episodes turned out to end at 3 but we got season 1 (that's the other thing after that cliffhanger I could handle having to wait all summer for a new one)
I think today I will just go to the garden center to get plants for my jungle creation on the balcony.
Sound like you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

We had a very similar day! My preschooolers made homemade cards, then took me to the Georgia Renaissance Festival...soooo much fun, but too much sun and heat for this mama. I got some absolutely great pictures that I will look at often and fondly until next mother's day.

Tanya, now curious about trying elk

Laura Marie Altom said...

Christa--I can't beleive I haven't seen a single episode of the new Survivor!! Don't tell me who won, as I'm planning to buy it on I-Tunes!!

Glad you made it home for your season finales, and didn't dall asleep before they were over!!

Post pics of your jungle!! I'd love to see it!!

Laura Marie Altom said...

Tanya--we did have a twin Mother's Day!! Cool!!

You've gotta go get some elk, girl!! Maybe we could take a road trip for some?? LOL!!