Thursday, May 17, 2007

Five days and counting...

I work as support staff for a school district. The year is drawing to a close, and all the students in my classes are getting antsy.

To tell the truth, so am I.

There are a million and one things I need to do in these next five days before school ends, and a gazillion things I have to do in the weeks after. And don't you just know those three long--and loooooong-awaited--months will fly by?

My summer days are made for catch-up, work and around-the-house chores, errands and appointments. In July, I'll be at the national conference of the Romance Writers of America, held this year in Dallas. My husband and I are still thinking about what trip we'll take together. Planning it is always half the fun. And my number-one priority this summer--already highlighted all through my calendar--is to write, Write, WRITE!

How about you? Have any plans? Going somewhere special--to a well-loved spot you visit year after year or to a location that's new and different?

Vacation time will be here before you know it!


All my best to you,

Barbara

~~~~~~

Barbara White Daille
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

4 comments:

Christa said...

I haven't got much planned. So far I'll be spending 10 days in Mississauga, catsitting for my sister while her and my bil go to Winnipeg. Other than that I may spend a lot of time on the balcony reading.

bettye griffin said...

I don't work for a school district and therefore work all year . . . but I think I'm going to check the want ads, because getting the summers off seems like a pretty damn good idea to me!

Bettye Griffin
www.bettyegriffin.com
www.chew-the-fat-with-Bettye.blogspot.com

Barbara White Daille said...

Christa,

Reading IS my favorite vacation! (grin)

Best,

Barbara

www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Barbara White Daille said...

Bettye,

Sounds like a good idea.

Just remember, though, I have no income for those three months. :-(

Best,

Barbara

www.barbarawhitedaille.com