Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy International Pi Day!!!

Ahh . . . Nothing quite says fun like a double trip to the dentist--not!! LOL!! Alas, that's my day's fate. Son #1 has a cleaning scheduled in the morning, and Son #2 has a couple cavities to be filled in the afternoon.

I so envy friends who are able to hammer out a day's pages in fifteen-minute snippets, but it seems like more and more I need loads of uninterrupted time to write. Not that I'll even spend it all writing, just that emotionally, if I know I've got to look presentable and chat with school ladies and the dental office receptionist, I figure what's the point of even trying to write? If there are any armchair psychiatrists lurking out there, why do I suffer from this affliction??

In fun happenings, my new website's up and running! (lauramariealtom.com)After years of working through a middleman, I'm proud to say I did this one myself!! Funny how no one in the family views my writing as any big deal, other than that if I'm needing the computer during *myspace* time, I'm a huge imposition!! That said, everyone wanted to have a say in what pics of them went up. In the end, I went with the pics I like best, but for the record, both sons wanted *cooler* fare. Daughter was happy, and Hubby was happy once I put his Cozumel pic back up, which apparently he really likes--who knew?? LOL!!

Today is International Pi Day!!! How do I know? I spent a large portion of last night coloring a Pi Day poster. Good thing I write instead of doing math, because even after studying this fact for three hours, I still don't get it!! What I do get, is that it's a great excuse to eat pie, which I'm always up for!! LOL!!

7 comments:

Christa said...

Laura
Wow. Great looking website.
Loved The Right Twin.(I guess that was confusing, 5 names, 2 people) Now patiantly awating my June Americans (not, I guess I should be patient, I just got the May ones at the beginning of last week).
I don't know if I will be having pie today but I know I'll be making Peanut Butter cookies on Friday.
BTW- Son got a job too. As a dishwasher in a restaurant.

Laura Marie Altom said...

Christa!! Hey, Sweetie!! Thanks so much for your kind comments about my twin book!! It was soooo hard to write!! LOL!! But fun!!

Mmm . . . Peanut butter cookies. I think I'd rather have those with milk than pie!!

Glad to hear your son got a job!! Congrats!! Mine are now moaning about having to go to work. How's your son liking college?

Laura Marie Altom said...

P.S. Thanks for checking out my website, too!! I just found some great new pics I need to add today!! ;-)

Christa said...

He's liking it. I think with the first semester he didn't know what to expect but now with the second he know kind of knows what is expected of him. Now that the snow is pretty much melted we can go take pictures of the trees he stil needs. He likes the fact that most of classes are done by 3 so he is able to get better hours at work. Plus he has no classes on Monday. But Tuesday is totally out because he has classes til 5:30.

Laura Marie Altom said...

Sounds like your son's doing great!! I'm so glad for him, Christa, but most especially you!! As a mom, it seems like nothing hurts worse than your kids hurting.

Christa said...

Laura
The Peanut Butter cookies are now done and I've only made sure two of them were ok. But it's only 11:30 am so the day is still young.

Laura Marie Altom said...

LOL!! Only two?? I admire your willpower, Christa!! I'd've finished off a dozen!! ;-)