Saturday, December 16, 2006

What Are You Wishing For?

This time of year, it's natural to think about things we'd like, whether they're gifts for ourselves or special wishes for others.

Sometimes we get our hearts' desires, don't we?

And sometimes we get more than we bargained for!

One year as a child, my greatest wish was for a big-girl bicycle. To my joy, on Christmas morning, I found Santa had left that two-wheeler under the tree. It took me several days--not to mention, numerous bruises and two skinned knees--before I could truly appreciate the gift.

In COURT ME, COWBOY, my November book, my heroine has to learn a lesson before she can appreciate her present, too.

Marissa is touched when Gabe gives her a package all wrapped up in fancy paper and ribbon. After she opens the box, she's a little...surprised by what she discovers inside. It's not the most romantic item for a man to give to the wife he's supposedly courting. After some thought, though, Marissa realizes the importance behind Gabe's gift: he took the time to think about her and what she might really enjoy. And there's no better present than that!

Whatever you're hoping for this holiday season, I have several wishes for you: health and happiness in the year ahead, many wonderful books to read, and every one of your heart's desires.

All my best to you,

Barbara

~~~~~~

Barbara White Daille

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Barbara! I have Court Me Cowboy as the next book I'm hoping to read - and after that little teaser, I just have to read it and find out what gift he gave her!

Anonymous said...

OH Barbara! I have Court Me Cowboy as the next book I'm hoping to read - and after that little teaser, I just have to read it and find out what gift he gave her!

Barbara White Daille said...

LOL, Tammy!

I'm glad COURT ME, COWBOY is next on your list, and I hope you enjoy the book--and finding out about Gabe's gift to Marissa.

Best,

Barbara

~~~~~~~

Barbara White Daille