Monday, December 28, 2009

One Last Package

The calendar may say it's December 29th, but there's still a great big package sitting under the tree with my name written in gold lettering across the tag. Only it's not a "real" present and it's not really "under the tree."

You see, my still-wrapped package is 2010--a year that will be filled (hopefully) with lots of wonderful surprises. And while I can't know everything that is in store for me in the coming year, I do know a few definites that are inside the box...

*My first-ever romance, Kayla's Daddy, will debut with Harlequin American in just a few short weeks! It earned a 4 1/2 star Top Pick from RT Magazine (and an early fan letter from a loyal HAR reader in my inbox this past week).

*My second romance, A Mom For Callie, will debut with Harlequin American in July.

*My third romance/first "holiday book" (title being tweaked) will debut with Harlequin American in November.


And that's just part of my 2010 package. The rest will bring new people, new places, new accomplishments, and new experiences.

I'll admit there's a part of me that wants to rip the paper off my package as fast as I can, but there's also a part--an older and wiser part--that wants to open the package slowly, to savor each and every moment as the gift it is.

Because it is a gift. All of it.

Happy New Year, everyone! May 2010 be your most magical year yet!

~Laura

8 comments:

Lynn Cahoon said...

I'm hoping I have a package under my invisible tree for 2010 too... Nope no holiday decorations at the Cahoon household this year. Which means all I have to do is take down the quilted Christmas tree and the Christmas cards...

But I did buy four plastic tubs and I'm going to spend the day cleaning out boxes from the basement.

I hope all your "gifts" bring you joy.

Marcie said...

What a wonderful present to have - a dream come true.
I wish you much success!
Congrats on winning those 4 1/2 stars!

Laura Bradford said...

Lynn, I suspect your 2010 box will be filled with some awesome accomplishments, too! Hugs!

Marcie, Thank you!!!!!!!!

Estella said...

Congratulations----a dream come true!

robynl said...

I like your box for/of 2010; may there be surprises you want and ones you never expected; may there by good health, joy, peace, love and lots of book accomplishments.

Linda Henderson said...

I hope you have a happy and prosperous New Year.

Laura Bradford said...

Thanks, everyone! Right back at you! And Robyn...like you, I'm hoping good health is in there, too!!

Nicole's Book Musings said...

Congrats Laura!

Have a wonderful New Year!