Thursday, May 08, 2008

A new cover. And what happens next.


A new cover. And what happens next.


I received my September cover and I’ll share it with you (if I can load it). It’s always a nervous time when my editor sends the attachment for a cover. I take a deep breath and hit download. I imagine it’s something like looking at your baby for the first time. You’re anxious and prepared for anything. But secretly you're praying you have the most beautiful baby (cover) in the world.
Most of the time I’m very, very pleased. The artists do a great job. I’ve only had one cover I didn’t like and that was years ago. Thank the cover gods.

I’m pleased with the cover of Texas Heir and I remember to breathe again. The hero is much as I have him pictured in my head. I’m happy, very happy. After the excitement ends, I notice his shirt. Or more to the point, the cuffs on his shirt. I’ve never seen a man wear a shirt like that, at least not in Texas. Maybe it’s trendy. It still doesn’t damper my pleasure in the cover, but I was wondering what you think. Will readers even notice it?

Welcome to the neurotic world of an author.

Wishing everyone a happy and relaxing Mother’s Day. May you be pampered beyond your wildest fantasy. And hoping it involves lots of chocolate.

Linda
www.lindawarren.net
Always A Mother – Super Everlasting – June 2008
Texas Heir – Harlequin American – Sep 2008



16 comments:

Jennifer Faye said...

Linda, great cover! Can't wait to read the story. I agree with you. I've never seen a man's shirt like that one. *shrug* Don't think it detracts from your cover at all.

Linda Warren said...

Jennifer,
Thank you. I didn't even notice it at first and then it was like, "What the heck is that on his cuffs?" Obviously not a cowboy shirt, right? But the hero is yummy and I'll take it.

Danny said...

I didn't notice his shirt cuffs until you pointed them out~ No biggie though... He still looks good~

Estella said...

I didn't notice the cuffs until you mentioned them.
He is still gorgeous!

EllenToo said...

Love the cover but not sure about the cuffs. I noticed the one on his left arm but wasn't sure what it was and didn't give it a second thought until you mentioned it.

Linda Warren said...

Danny, Estella and Ellen,
Thank you. You've made me feel a whole lot better. You're wonderful.

Christa said...

didn't notice the cuffs til you mentioned it, must have been too busy staring at him. Even though I stared at him for hours the other day on your site

Anonymous said...

Christa,
Now that really makes my day. Thank you.

Jessica said...

I agree, I didn't notice the cuffs until you said that. Before I was focusing on the hotness of the man. :)

Linda Warren said...

Jessica,
Great! I'm hoping everyone will.
And he is hot! Yes!

Megan Kelly said...

Linda, the guy's so nice looking, I don't think you have to worry about what he's wearing. I didn't think anything of it at first viewing. I do love the background, though! Very nice cover.

Linda Warren said...

Megan,
My eyes went to him first, too. With his looks, it's hard not to. He kind of reminds me of Justin on Brothers and Sisters.
The background is west Texas where most of the book is set.
Thank you for postintg. I'm now offically okay with the cuffs. Thanks, everyone.

Trish Milburn said...

Oh! My debut comes out in September. I wonder if I'll get a cover soon. Eeeeee!

I really like this cover. He's rather nice looking.

Kara Lennox said...

Linda, I love the cover, even with the weird cuffs!

What I want to know is, does any place in Texas look like that??? It's beautiful! (Not that Texas doesn't have many beautiful vistas, but that one isn't familiar to me.)

Linda Warren said...

Trish,
Ask your editor if your cover is ready. That's what I did. They're very nice about that.
That's neat. We both have a Sep American. Can't wait to see your cover.
Linda

Linda Warren said...

Karen,
Thank you. It's rugged west Texas, around the Davis Mountains. I'm not sure where the cover photo was taken, but it's close to the scenery out there.
Linda