Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow Days

My students are tired of snow days.

I'm in St. Louis, and this year's weather has been nastier than normal. By nasty, I mean rainy, gray and snowy. While our water table needs it, everyone is ready for spring.

Forecasters are predicting more snow, sleet and general mess Thursday night into Friday morning. This may mean another snow day, pushing us back behind Memorial Day as to our summer vacation. I think we've used two already this year. Maybe it's three. Usually it's only one, if any at all. If we have a snow day on Friday, it will distrupt yearbook work night, district basketball, play tryouts and a host of other things.

The first snow day is fun and everyone catches up on needed sleep. The rest get to be annoying since everything has to be rearranged and rescheduled. Now even the kids are complaining.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if we could hibernate like the bears.

Anyone else ready for spring?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Me Me me I think snow is nice for Christmas but after that I'm ready for Spring

Michele Dunaway said...

My students have counted the days. We've used 3. We will go over 40 days with no break starting the end of March. Usually there's at least 1 three day weekend in there, but not this year since Easter is in March.

Estella said...

I'm ready for spring, and we've only had snow once.

Anonymous said...

Guess what? It's a snow day :)

We'll probably have one tomorrow as well.

I just wished they would have figured it out before I was up, showered, dressed, and ready to walk out the door with two kids in tow.

One went back to bed, one went to watch TV and I'm going to work on revisions.

Hope you all have a great day!

Michele Dunaway

Jennifer Faye said...

The snow isn't so bad, it's the ice that wreaks havoc on everything. We are supposed to get up to half inch of ice tomorrow. Unless they change the forecast, I'll be quite happy if they have a snow day. My dd's bus has had way too many close calls.

Megan Kelly said...

I like snow (sorry) but I agree with Jennifer, it's the ice I hate. Snow is pretty, and we get it so seldom. Obviously my kids are at school today. LOL

Anonymous said...

We've now had two days off. Today I didn't have to set my alarm since they called school last night, and thus I woke up around 9:10. Now those are the days I love!

Michele Dunaway

Megan Kelly said...

Amen to sleeping in! I still had to work on Friday while the kids got the day off, so maybe I'm not as crazy about snow days as I thought. :)