Sunday, February 17, 2008

Now that the flowers are fading...

Another Valentine's Day bites the dust, and I'm battling the blues.

Oh, I had my share of flowers and chocolate this year, along with a beautiful card and the promise of a nice dinner out when our schedules slow down and coincide--sometime next week, maybe! All in all, I really can't complain.

The reason I feel like whining, though, is this:

I love presents--big or small, expensive or not, fancily wrapped or in a plastic grocery bag--any present will do. As you might imagine, I love Christmas. I have a great time about six weeks later, when my birthday rolls around. And I'm in chocoholic heaven six days after that, on Valentine's Day.

And then, oh no, it's such a long time until Christmas again!

I know, poor little me, right?

Actually, not. I've got a wonderful husband who surprises me with gifts all through the year. Still, there's something to be said for those days you know well in advance you'll be getting something special. Anticipation is half the fun, isn't it?

Now that Valentine's Day is done, I'd love to hear what romantic, funny, or silly things you'd given, gotten, or done this year. Please share!


All my best to you,

Barbara

~~~~~~

Barbara White Daille
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

No comments: