Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another Snow Day

Today's another snow day in St. Louis. This time it's less snow and more ice on the roads that have schools closed. We haven't been hit like those in Washington State or Louisville, KY, this year, and St. Louisans are pretty laid back when it comes to school closings. We like rolling over and going back to sleep and cancelling everything for the day. We're fine with working two extra days past Memorial Day.

As I type this, at 1 PM, I'm finally up, showered and ready to go. Not that I really have any place I must be. I have things to do, like laundry and such, but days like today are not days I catch up on chores. They're the found, lazy days where I sit around and do nothing. Both daughters are playing video games. The cats are doing whatever cats do.

I have my manuscript revisions here--maybe later, as revisons are as exciting as getting teeth pulled. I have books to read--which is much more appealing. I finished a Rachel Gibson novel this morning and will pick up something else this afternoon as I loaf the day away. I'll work out, take my daughter to guitar lessons if I'm able to drive up the road. I do have to try that here in a little bit, I guess.

However, I'm much more interested in relaxing than trying to catch up. That's what the upcoming three-day weekend is for.

Michele

5 comments:

Estella said...

I envy you. We hardly ever get a snow day.

Anonymous said...

We're in the middle of a storm - already have 5" of snow with more predicted but it's just changed over to rain which in turn is going to turn into ice - fun and games.

Sarita Leone said...

Snow days are for reading by the fireplace, aren't they? ;-)

Enjoy!

Jennifer Faye said...

We had a snow day too. Hope you were able to enjoy yours.

Laura Marie Altom said...

I'm sooo jealous, Michele!! Have a cocoa for me!! ;-)