Sunday, January 27, 2008

Waiting for Spring

It's cold, it's rainy and there's record snow in the mountains - welcome to winter in the Pacific Northwest. And we wonder why so many people wander off to exotic destinations like Hawaii, Palm Desert, Arizona and the Virgin Islands. I'll admit it - I'm jealous and I'm also ready for spring. I want to see a little sun that's not accompanied by a 24 degree burr factor. and to be able to walk in the park without looking like Ralphie from The Christmas Story. But woe is me. Spring is far, far away. The good news is that every day the sun stays around a little bit longer.

So going with the glass is half-full optimism - I get a lot of writing done when it's nasty outside, and that's a very good thing. The moral of this story is if it's sunny and seventy, enjoy it. If you live in the UP of Michigan or New England or upstate New York or North Dakota - keep your chin up, this too shall pass. LOL

Ann

Goin' Down to Georgia - HAR - March 2008

1 comment:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'm so ready for spring, too! (But in the meantime, I'm looking forward to going to Florida in a few weeks) :)