Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My New Editor, Part 2

I got a chance to finally talk on the phone with my new editor. We'd been playing phone tag, mostly on my end as my daughter has been sick and I've been pretty busy.

Anyway, I wanted to give you a follow up.

I have to first say I'm excited to be working with her, and not just because I'm supposed to say that. She seemed like she got me. I have to tell you, that's probably pretty hard. But she's excited about having me as an author, and she's already read the proposals my agent turned in. Next week I'm getting revisions.

So she's working fast. I love that.

I was also able to talk frankly with her, and that's very important to me. I'm a "tell me how it is" person. I teach--I don't play corporate politics as I work in a place where there really isn't any. Maybe there is, but then that's my principal's job. And he's great too.

So everything seems pretty exciting. As for me, it's supposed to snow here tomorrow night and all the students are praying for a snow day.

Happy end of the month!

Michele

2 comments:

Estella said...

So glad your new editor is working with and for you.

Sarita Leone said...

Working with someone new can be strange at first but it sounds like your situation is a good one right from the start. Good for you!

Hope your daughter is feeling better. :)