Monday, August 27, 2007

Where's my tiara?

Hey guys,
Do you have a tiara stuffed in your closet? I do, or at least I did until my granddaughter commmandeered it. Maybe all girls - young, old and in-between - harbor a secret desire to be a princess. That would explain the tiara phenomenon. This topic came up recently when my daughter's friend - the least likely person on the planet to own anything resembling a rhinestone - told us she'd been crowned Kick Ball Queen, complete with tiara and scepter. That was one for the books!

Maizie Carter, one of the characters in my Georgia series (Georgia on His Mind - August 2007 and Goin' Down to Georgia - March 2008) wears her Miss Peach Blossom tiara every chance she gets. Mama swears she'll be wearing it when she meets Saint Peter. She's one to talk, that woman wears pearls and a pill box hat to the Piggly Wiggly.

So the moral of this story is if you have a tiara, wear it with pride. And you might want to accessorize it with a little cleavage and something frou-frou - just for grins.

Ann

Ann DeFee
Georgia On His Mind - HAR - August 2007
Summer After Summer - Harlequin Everlasting Love - September 2007
The Perfect Tree - HAR Christmas Anthology - November 2007
Goin' Down to Georgia - HAR - March 2008

3 comments:

Estella said...

If you got it, flaunt it!

Maureen said...

I was never a tiara kind of girl but if you are wear it with pride.

Anonymous said...

I have one with nice pearls that my grandma gave me! I thought I was the only one :)