Friday, August 17, 2007

Little Miracles

A few things this week were...not so good. So I went looking for something to be happy about.

And you know what? Every day, I discovered something! My own private, personal, powerful little miracle.

Monday through Thursday, I found little things that made the day better. The trucker coming out of the gas station who gave me the right of way. The computer guy at work who helped me out with a new program. The quarter I found in the grocery store. The parking space I found in the shade. Hey, I live in the Southwest and it was one hundred thirteen degrees that day. You'd better believe that was a miracle!

And on Friday, I found the best thing of all.

I came home from work, walked into my office, and found the avocado pit I'd started trying to root several weeks ago had sprouted! All right, that may not seem so wonderful, but let me tell you, I've been trying for a long, long time to start an avocado plant. I'm talking years. So I was beyond thrilled.

I've discovered little miracles make me very happy.

And notice the key word in a couple of the paragraphs above: I found those things. Because I went looking for them. It's a new game I've been playing, and I like it!

Now I'd like you to do me a favor, and do one for yourself at the same. Today or tomorrow, I would like you to find your own little miracles.

And then I'd like you to share them with me.


All my best to you,

Barbara

~~~~~~

Barbara White Daille
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely, Barbara! And what a wonderful reminder to look at the abundance that is always right here if we just take a minute to notice it!

Cathy McDavid said...

I loved your post, Barbara. I've had a rough week, too, so I think I'll follow your advice and go looking for small miracles.

Cathy Mc

Barbara White Daille said...

Libby, I replied to you yesterday, but blogger must have eaten my response!

Anyhow, you are SO right, and I'm going to keep taking those minutes.

Best,
Barbara
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Barbara White Daille said...

Cathy, thanks so much for your nice comment.

And I'd just finished reading your post a minute ago--what a bummer of a week! Good luck, both in having life get TONS better and in finding those small miracles, too.

Best,
Barbara
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com