Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Spandex

Hi guys,
I've been toying with the idea of naming my latest WIP Tough Guys Wear Spandex. The hero of the book is a pro football player with great buns, so that seems appropriate. In general I think spandex is a yucky fashion statement, but think of some of the folks (primarily of the male persuasion) who look darned good-football players, Lance Armstrong and crew, baseball players, Olympic swimmers, etc. And that brings me to the subject of people who should, and people who shouldn't (even under the threat of torture) wear that particular fabric.
I love to play tennis, and I avidly watch all the Grand Slam tournaments. There's a famous American player who really belongs in the "shouldn't" category. Unfortunately, she either doesn't know it, or is in denial. Yikes!

So, the moral of this story is if you don't look like Cameron Diaz, stick with natural fabrics-preferably cotton!

Ann DeFee

Georgia On His Mind - Harlequin American Romance - August 2007
Summer After Summer - Harlequin Everlasting Love - September 2007
The Perfect Tree - Harlequin American Romance Christmas Anthology - Nov. 2007

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. There are certain people who shouldn't wear spandex(I myself fall into that category :}) and certain people who look great in it! The same goes for Speedos (shudder). My daughter and I sit on the beach and notice the men who shouldn't wear Speedos!!

Cheryl said...

You are absolutely correct. And I say, err on the side of caution and loose, flowing material instead of something form-fitting.

Cheryl

Unknown said...

I agree with Cheryl about err on the side of caution

Kathleen said...

I completely agree! I would have to be covered in a wrap to wear spandex!LOL

Cherie J said...

LOL! You said it!

Maureen said...

Cotton works very well for me.