Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In the grand scheme of things

We’ve been remodeling around here and the dust and chaos are wreaking havoc with my preferred writing schedule. I have managed to write though. As an early riser, mornings are my most productive time. Now I write whenever I can, often in the afternoon and evening. It’s good to know I can work then, but I’m looking forward to returning my usual routine.

The company we hired said the job would take ten days. But remodels and repairs never go as planned, and we’re now into day sixteen.

As a glass-half-full woman, I’m working hard to make the best of the situation. Noise and dust? What are those in the grand scheme of things? When the work is over the improvements to our home will be worth the upheaval.

This is my last post before the end of the contest. Lots of luck to everyone!


Good news: At last I have a title for my second Halo Island book, out in March, 2008—The Pilot’s Woman. Whoever suggested that one, thanks!


Ann Roth
Summer Lovin’ Anthology: A Reunion Story, June 2007
Mitch Takes A Wife, August, 2007
www.annroth.net

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your remodling

Anonymous said...

Thanks. It should be done this week. Keep your fingers crossed!

PatriciaW said...

Where there's a will, there's a way! What's a little dust, noise, relocation, and maybe misplaced tools?

Here's hoping the relocation is done by month end.

Cherie J said...

I can sympathize because hubby and I will be having some remodeling started soon in a matter of weeks. Hang in there!

catslady said...

Well my husband has been promising a remodeled kitchen for the last two years - I may never find out how annoying it is lol.

Cheryl said...

LOL, catslady. I'm afraid if I ever tried to have a part of my house remodeled, it would open up a whole can of worms and I can easily see one little remodeling job turning into a major renovation. Good luck on getting yours finished soon, Ann.

Anonymous said...

I hope the remodel goes well and ends soon! We are starting our home improvements next week, after the 4th. I have been busy painting the ceilings and walls, next week comes the hard part....pulling up old carpet and vinyl flooring, the best part about my situation is that my hubby and I are DIY'ers and that saves us lots of money. Of course by the end of each project we sometimes look at each other and wonder why in the world did I marry him(or her in his case)LOL. But after almost 20 years of marriage, we just keep on trucking!!

Estella said...

Having just gone thru a remodel---I understand completely!

Anonymous said...

cas2 is right! You redo one thing and it's gorgeous. Then you look around and see all the other stuff that needs redoing. It never ends!

But my wise mom says, Rome wasn't built in a day. So you do it a little at at time. But oh, it's hard to cope with the mess and noise!

Anonymous said...

Adamabecky- I truly admire you and your dh. My husband is only midldy more handy than I am... which is very bad at it!

Anonymous said...

Catslady- Lots of luck with the kitchen. We did ours and our family room 10 years ago (my, how time flies!) and it was not fun. Of course the end results are worth the disasters, problems, and dirt and chaos.

Kathleen said...

I think there is a remodeling support group here :)

I hope you remodeled room looks GREAT when it is done!

Maureen said...

We have learned that you should at least double the time you think it's going to take when undertaking a project.