Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Surprise Blogger--Kathleen Scheibling

Happy New Year to all American Romance authors and readers! Is it too late to say that? I hope not because I feel like celebrating, and I’ll tell you why.

We started off 2007 with some great news. Our Great American Romance Contest closed on the last day of the year and we’ve received hundreds of entries! I’m absolutely delighted with the response – and hoping I find some gold in the pile. Now I’ve got a lot of reading to do. Winners will be notified in February, and then we’ll announce the winners on eHarlequin.com in early March.

I’m excited about our line-up of books in 2007. We have two new authors appearing this calendar year, as well a few authors who are new to this series. And we’re still looking for new authors – who knows what the coming year will bring?

How many of you are coming to Dallas for Nationals? I think this year we’ll host a meet and greet for our authors. Last year in Atlanta I realized that many of you writing for the line haven’t met before, or have only met online. So we’re going to have ourselves a party. That’s something to look forward to this summer.

Linda – thanks for posting your cover for ONCE A COWBOY. Aren’t our covers looking fantastic? I love the work our art team is doing. This cover is a bit different for us, but we couldn’t resist once we saw this shot of a hunky cowboy. This model is actually a firefighter in real life! Can you imagine how many girls he has chasing after him? We all want to meet him and are begging Tony (our art editor) to let us come to a shoot. We have promised to behave ourselves. Although that doesn’t mean I can’t start a little trashcan fire on the set and yell, “is there a firefighter in the house?!” just to see him in action.

OK, I better to get to that pile of contest entries. It looks as if 2007 will be a busy one – what else is new?

Cheers to all of you out there for all the work you do. Thanks for making 2006 a successful year for American Romance. Here’s to an even better one.

Kathleen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, hello Kathleen! How cool that you "dropped in" as our suprise blogger.

I for one am looking foward to Dallas and a meet and greet--that'd be great!

Cindy Taylor said...

Hi, Kathleen!

Wow, a real firefighter AND a cover model? Let me know when the photo shoot is and I’ll come help. *g*

As a reader and a writer/submitter, I’m also very excited about American Romance this year. I’ve been checking out eharlequin and the authors’ websites on their upcoming novels and it looks like this will be a stellar year.

I love the idea of a meet and greet in Dallas. It gets so crazy at Nationals and sometimes hard to meet up unless there’s a designated time and place, so this sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you here, Kathleen!

Thanks for the update on the contest entries. Hundreds, huh?

Gulp.

It must be a real challenge keeping up with the constant evolution of readers and writers. I've accumulated most of the older American Romances and it's interesting to see which elements change and which endure.

Thanks again for stopping by and the opportunity.

Anonymous said...

If this shows up twice, I apologize ahead of time. Blogger and I are NOT getting along today.

I just wanted to thank Katheleen for being here. It's really great to have an editor pop in and share some inside info and perspective. I think the firefighter/model on Linda's cover probably ends up starting more fires than he puts out. Major hunky material.

Rascal - Gulp is right. It was so much easier to not stress when I was thinking one or two. LOL. But a good response is great!

Good luck with the reading, Kathleen! We're all hoping you find some gold as well!

Barbara White Daille said...

Kathleen,

Great to "see" you here! Thanks for stopping by and posting to our blog.

Good luck with reading all your contest entries.

The meet and greet at National sounds like a fabulous idea. Can't wait for Dallas!

Best,

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,
Thanks so much for stopping by and for giving us and up-date on the contest entries.
Loving the new covers...

Carol