Sunday, January 07, 2007

A NEW YEAR. A NEW BOOK.


A NEW YEAR. A NEW BOOK

It’s a new year and I have a new American coming out in February, Once A Cowboy. I’m excited because I love this book. I’m hoping everyone else will, too. And it has a fabulous cover—a sexy cowboy. You can’t get any better than that. I’ll try to post the cover so you can see it. Hope it works.

Is it just me or have the American covers been great lately? I’m liking them all. What do you think? Have you noticed a difference in the covers? Now here’s the big question. Does a cover influence you when you buy a book?

When I’m in a bookstore, a good cover will attract my attention. However, for me it’s that back blurb that’s the selling point. Of course, an author’s name does that, too. What’s the selling point for you?

Happy new year to everyone. Here’s hoping for mega sales for American in 2007.

Be sure to check in tomorrow. There’s a rumor going around that a Harlequin editor might stop by.

6 comments:

Christa said...

I just finished this book and it was fantastic. Between you and Kara Lennox's Her Perfect Hero, I have gotten hardly any sleep this w/e. I loved Brodie and I liked how a relationship with him and Alex developed slowly.
I have a subscription to AR and Desire through harlequin so that way I don't have to try and choose which ones to get. I also don't have to worry about missing one. To me a major selling point is the author. Another major selling point would be if the book is part of a series or I am familiar with some of the characters. I think another reason I would take a second look at a book would be the line it is in like harlequin has different lines. A lot of times I lean toward AR, Supers, SSE and Desire.

Linda Warren said...

Hi Christa,
Thank you so much. I'm so happy you enjoyed Once A Cowboy. You have certainly made my day. And thank you for subscribing. Isn't it wonderful to receive the books so early? And you're right you don't miss any of them.
Sorry about the sleep, but I'm that way, too. Once I get into a book, I have to know how it ends.
Thanks again and keep reading. And keep posting. We love hearing from you.
Take care,
Linda

Kara Lennox said...

Oh, my heavens. He's easy on the eyes!

Anonymous said...

Wow Linda! That is one hot cover - and one hot cowboy as well. Now I know what book I've gotta pick up asap. Covers do influence me a little. If it's an author I know I'll probably buy it no matter what the cover is like, but I love covers that have either the hero or heroine (or both). I'm weird and like to look at them now and then just to give that little added visual reminder of the people. I connect better with them that way I guess - even on the times where the images on the front don't quite match up perfectly with the way the author described them.

Anonymous said...

Who is that guy?
He's...wonderful...I must get a copy of this book.
Thanks for sharing, Linda.

Anonymous said...

How do I choose? I read all over the lines with a TBR mountain ready to avalanche.

I start out with eHarlequin's Upcoming list, then review the summaries that show up the month before sale date. It's a balance between author, blurb, and book topic. Love catchy titles!

Then off to WalMart where I try to restrain myself to the top half of what I want (everything!). If they're out, I used to drive on to K-Mart, but our local one seems to be in a time warp - nothing later than Nov 06. Then I wait until Free Book Friday and order on-line. Standard shipping is fast and reliable and beats a 25-mile drive to the next closest store.