Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Road Trip

Earlier this month we packed out bags and hit the road. Destination? Missoula, Montana. More about why in a few minutes.

The great things about a road trip, in addition to the final destination, are all the wonderful things to see along the way. Like this awesome view of the falls on the Spokane River from the deck a restaurant where we had dinner one evening.


You can imagine our surprise when, in the small and very quaint town of Wallace, Idaho…


…we discovered the Center of the Universe. There’s something you don’t see every day. Unless you live in Wallace.


A sign along the freeway…advertising a bookstore with 100,000 books in stock!...had us braking for the exit to Alberton, Montana. Who could resist?


In Missoula we stayed at the Gibson Mansion Bed &Breakfast, a beautifully restored home where we enjoyed the most amazing breakfast that started with coffee and scones delivered to our room and wrapped up with banana macadamia nut French toast.


And that brings me to the reason for our trip to Missoula.


Bob Dylan. Live. In Concert.


I couldn’t take my camera into the concert, but thrilled to find these professional photos on Ann Alhouse’s Flikr page, and I thank her for providing public access to them.

It was an outdoor concert on a beautiful summer evening, with the sun setting over the mountains, and one of my all-time favorite musicians. It was a night to remember, and my bucket list now has one less thing on it.

Gotta love a road trip! I hope you're having a wonderful summer, and that your bucket list is a little shorter, too!

Until next time,
Lee
www.LeeMcKenzie.com
The Daddy Project, December 2012
Daddy, Unexpectedly, May 2013

8 comments:

Marin Thomas said...

Lee, great pictures! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I'd love to see that area one day :-)

Lee McKenzie said...

Thanks, Marin! It was a fun trip!

Linda Warren said...

Lee,
Love the pics, especially the B&B. I'd love to stay there.

Thanks for sharing.

Megan Kelly said...

Now I want to go there! Imagine being at the Center of the Universe. Wow. :0 And if I just happen to swerve the car to a stop in front of that bookstore, well, I guess I'd go in. lol
Thanks for the pix and info, Lee. My bucket list just got fuller.

Lee McKenzie said...

Linda, the Gibson Mansion is a wonderful B&B. We loved it!

Lee McKenzie said...

Megan, I need a bumper sticker that reads: This Car Brakes for Bookstores :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your great pictures. Glad you had fun. Now I want to go to that bookstore!

Lee McKenzie said...

So glad you enjoyed them, Tammy! I've never met a bookstore I didn't love!