Friday, November 26, 2010

Shop or Sleep, That is the Question

At around 5 this morning, I heard our neighbors pulling out of their driveway. My first thought was, I wonder if they're going shopping for Black Friday. For the last several days, the ads for Black Friday sales that started at the unholy hour of 4 a.m. have been everywhere. 4 a.m.? Seriously? That's prime sleeping time in my book. :) Plus it was cold. I'm not standing in a line when it's 20-something degrees unless I can be guaranteed a 52-inch flatscreen for 100 bucks or 50% off the new driveway I'm having poured soon.

I've never really been a Black Friday shopper. The thought of all those lines, the crowds, the mad dashes to get the few items available at the advertised super-low price just don't appeal to me. I'd rather go to the stores when I can shop leisurely or order presents online. But that got me to wondering...if you love the madness of Black Friday shopping, why?

So, dear readers, are you shopping today? If so, did you get any great deals? Or do you want to wait for calmer shopping conditions?

And let's pretend Santa is listening...What do you want for Christmas?

7 comments:

Lisa Ruff said...

As a friend said: if what I want is only on sale at 4am, then I don't want it anymore. I am so not a morning person, lol.

Trish Milburn said...

LOL! Smart friend. :)

Linda Warren said...

Trish and Lisa,
I agree. There's nothing I want so badly that I would get up at 4 a.m. and wait in line (in the cold)to purchase. No way!
Linda

MJFredrick said...

I'm a morning person, but I haven't done Black Friday in years. Last year I was tempted by a laptop, but didn't go, and got just as good of a deal in the summer, so....
I did some online shopping yesterday. Got my friend's boys some DS games and got myself Season 3 of The Tudors--$15 each.

Trish Milburn said...

Linda, totally agree. Especially since it was raining and sleeting at 4 this morning. Uh, no thank you.

MJ, online Black Friday shopping I can do. I've got to figure out what to get my nephews.

Estella said...

I do not shop on Black Friday.

Anonymous said...

Black Friday shopping is not for me. I read til 2am so I sure wasn't hitting stores at 5 or 6. There was a cheap mp3 at KMart but I didn't have the money anyways. I've been wanting one for 2 years but after my house fire funds haven't been available for anything.
Cathy at cthomas3@windstream.net