Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Monthly Recipes - On the Road!

Good morning from Louisville, Kentucky! I'm on a road trip with fellow writer friend Rebecca Russell. Last night we ate local specialties at B.B. King's restaurant on Beale Street in Memphis, TN. www.bbkingblues.com/menu/index.html Tonight we ate at one of my favorite places, Captain's Quarters, on River Road overlooking the Ohio River. www.cqriverside.com Tomorrow I'm going to foodie haven Lynn's Paradise Cafe in Louisville, which has been featured several times on Food Network. www.lynnsparadisecafe.com

The reason I'm telling you this is because I don't have a specific recipe to post right now. I'm going to post some photos and details of the recipes used by Lynn's Paradise Cafe later today. Please bear with me as I make this fun and food-oriented road trip from Dallas, TX, to Louisville, Indianapolis, and finally to Carey, Ohio before returning to Dallas next week. (I might even have a report on the food from Careyfest, a local custom in Rebecca's hometown.) http://www.careyohio.org/index.asp?Type=B_EV&SEC={91BC1D57-EE40-4291-B151-448DCB226FCD}&DE={B25FF5BD-802A-4D2F-9ED2-3917B97D82A6} See you later!

4 comments:

Estella said...

I am looking forward to the recipes.

Julie Hilton Steele said...

We always try to eat local when traveling. You can get McDs, Olive Garden, and other chains anywhere.

Victoria Chancellor said...

Still no recipes for this reason: Yesterday, when I was supposed to be going to Lynn's Paradise Cafe, I was being attended to by paramedics in my hotel room instead. Here's what happened. While taking a shower, my nose started to bleed. And bleed. And gush. I didn't think I could get it stopped. It was horrible, the worst nosebleed I'd ever had. My friend Becky called the front desk and the paramedics came. By then the bleeding had stopped (after I made a big mess) and they were so nice. Anyway, no Lynn's, no Derby Museum, for me yesterday. I will find something fun and write about it very soon, though. Promise, now that I'm all better. :-)

Linda Henderson said...

Sorry about your medical problem, hope everything is well. I'll look forward to the recipes later.