Saturday, September 05, 2009

How Can I Follow These?!

Hey, Megan here. (I hate to scroll down before I read the posts, so I'll let you know up front it's me.) I've been reading the posts this month and am simply stumped. We've had the miracle of Jacqueline's family surviving being hit by a car; the sharing of fun with Shelley and Julia; and Ann's lovely daughter's wedding.



What could I possibly write about that would be as inspiring, interesting, or lovely?



....um...



Then Friday, I was handed the answer. My friend got THE CALL!



Okay, some might argue it's not miraculous (although MY sale certainly was! lol). But it's certainly fun, and inspiring, and lovely. She's a wonderful person, serves on our RWA chapter's board, is a firm friend, and obviously a good writer who works at her craft.



And she sold to Silhouette Special Edition so she's part of the Harlequin family now too. :)



By the time I post next month, I'll have a new great-nephew from my niece who doubted she'd be able to have a baby, and I'll have presented another talk, this time in Chicago. (If you remember my agony in June as I prepared to talk at Nat'l, you'll wonder if I'm just crazy to have agreed to do this again. I don't blame you. I wonder, too.) Since I checked in with y'all last month, I've been to two weddings, met some really nice people, got "adopted" into my new nephew's family by his mom and godmother, and finished a book proposal.



I guess this is just a "life is good" post. I keep knocking on wood, throwing salt over my left shoulder, stepping over cracks and avoiding ladders.

Wishing a wonderful Labor Day to those in the US, and a wonderful day to those in other places.

Megan Kelly
megankellybooks.com

12 comments:

Megan Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Kelly said...

I notice the posted date is Saturday at 10 pm, but I promise you it's almost 3 am here in the Midwest, Monday morning. LOL I know it's Labor Day because I'm OFF work today. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all your good news. Have a happy and safe Labor Day and enjoy the day off.

Mint said...

Well duh, I guess I could have put my name on that one.

Linda Henderson

Laura Bradford said...

Hi Megan! Good luck with the talk!!!

And YAY on all your good news!

Megan Kelly said...

Linda, Thanks for the congrats. It's been a good month.
Laura, HI back and thanks to you too. Hope you're settling in your new home.

Anonymous said...

Megan- Hooray for your friend, selling!

Hooray for your upcoming great-aunt status (you seem way too young to be a great aunt!!!0.

Good luck with your talk.

Megan Kelly said...

Ann, Let me make this clear: I am the youngest in my family!! LOL I was an aunt before I left grade school. While everyone else carried a pic of the latest rock heart-throb or movie star, I had a pic of my niece. And yes, it caught people off-guard, thinking it was mine (yikes) or my baby sister.

Pamela Stone said...

Megan, congrats on all the good news. And gettin 'the call' is a huge deal. That first time is the most amazing experience. Or it was for me.

Now, you have me trying to figure out something inspiring to write about this month.

Linda Warren said...

Megan,
There's a lot going on in your life. Congratulations on the good news. The Call is always awesome. The best of luck to your friend. Ah, yes, I love those nieces and nephews, too.
Linda

Nicole's Book Musings said...

Congrats on all the good news!

Megan Kelly said...

Thanks, Pam. I'm sure you'll think of something. I'm very excited for her.
Linda, I can't believe how many big events came my way these past few months. I saw a sono of my great-newphew and can hardly wait to hold him!
Thanks, Nicole.

I appreciate everyone's congrats. I had nothing to do with my friend selling, my niece getting married or my other niece having a baby. LOL Still, it's nice to hear from y'all, and lovely to share good news.