Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Romantic Moments

I'm going easy with today's post--easy in terms of length, but not in terms of thought...

Your thoughts, anyway.

What do you find romantic? What makes your heart melt and your eyes mist?

For me, it's a quiet dinner somewhere with good conversation. It's about giving a date some thought. It's about the day-to-day moments--an unexpected card, a bouquet of wildflowers, a gentle touch to my face.

How about you?

~Laura

*I hit the road next week for a 5-city tour of the midwest to promote the first book in my new Southern Sewing Circle Mystery Series with Berkley Prime Crime. Specifics on the tour can be found at my website: www.elizabethlynncasey.com. If you're in any of these areas, I'd love to meet you!

5 comments:

Lynn Cahoon said...

What do I find romantic? Spending time with someone who gets me. They may not understand me, but they get me and with all my faults, still love me.

Anonymous said...

Well, seeing how I don't have a husband or boyfriend, I'll take anything. I won't be picky, promise! LOLOLOL :)

Lois

Laura Bradford said...

Lynn, yeah, that's a nice concept. I think that goes with my good conversation.

Lois, do you have any daydreams about what you'd find romantic?

TappityTapTap said...

Romantic after 27 yrs of marriage is:
when DH brings flowers home on a Weds, for no reason at all;
when we go for one of our 30+mile bikerides, & he tells me my behind looks good in spandex (!);
when our conversation is totally in sync, & we have some really witty repartee, & laugh at each other's jokes, & our teen sons join in & we both see our influences on them;
when,at the end of a peaceful weekend, we're in bed together Sun night, sad because our time together the next five days is so limited;
when he sends me a card with a handwritten note all over it, or an email in the middle of the day, just to let me know he's thinking of me;
when we don't have to say the words, 'cuz we see what each other is thinking, & we can use our own special private language.
Aug is our 27th anniversary, & he's as romantic as he ever was!

Laura Bradford said...

Tappity Tap Tap, sounds like you found yourself a very special man. Thanks for getting me misty-eyed!