Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Can Relate

I can relate to so much that has been discussed on the blog the past couple weeks. Michelle, I can certainly relate to having no time. We’ve moved this summer, a move that includes moving my 82 year old mom in with us, buying a new home and getting two ready to put on the market. Plus my very first book, Last Resort Marriage, is out this month and I had a book signing and have been blogging to promote it. See my beautiful cover to the right. Romantic Times gave it a 4 star review. Not too shabby for a first book, huh? WooHoo! I can relate to Lisa’s eco-friendly cleaning tip as I’m trying to get on board with a sophisticated septic system for the first time. City girl in the country. I can double relate to Lisa and Linda’s jitters about National. This is my third conference, but first as a published author. Literacy book signing and meeting face to face with editors and fellow writers. Extremely private person in an extremely public world. Whoa! Megan and Lisa, I am so in awe of you for presenting workshops. And Linda, I’d love some stress relieving tricks myself. As I’m traveling today to National, please excuse my delay in responding to any posts to the blog, but I will answer when I return from National. Looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Pamela Stone
www.pamelastone.net

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new book looks great. Can't wait to read. Good luck in DC. I read about this every year and always wish as an avid reader that I could attend. I am disabled with rheumatoid arthritis so I don't get out much but it sounds like great fun. The literacy signing is for a great cause. I started reading to my kids while they were babies and now my grandkids even before they were born.

Linda Henderson
Joplin, MO.

Lisa Ruff said...

I hope you have (had) a wonderful time. That first conference as a pub'd author is the best. I did it as an HAR author, too!

Best, Lisa

Pamela Stone said...

Linda,

I can certainly relate to arthritis. It runs in my family. Myself and a cousin have Lupus. Two aunts and another cousin have rheumatoid. But at least I still am able to get around pretty well.

Lisa, thanks for the congrats. Just got home from the conference. It was fantastic.

Sorry for the delay in the response, but hopefully you understand. Hauling a laptop just was not convenient.

Pam

Linda Warren said...

Pam,
How did I miss you in DC? Bummee!

Linda,
I totally understand about RA. I've had it since I was 18. Hugs, and hopefully one day they will find a cure to help all of us.