Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Off to San Francisco

As you read this, I'm on a plane winging my way to San Francisco for my 20th Romance Writers of America national conference. This annual event is the highlight of my year. It's the one chance I have all year to visit with my long-distance writer friends, get face time with my editor, workshop myself ragged and attend wild parties.

Well, not so wild anymore. Nothing will ever top the Harlequin Party in Seattle in ... 1988, perhaps? All I can tell you is, it involved about a dozen scantily dressed male models (including a cowboy wearing chaps and no pants). Ah, those were the days.

Nowadays, Harlequin opts for a nice ballroom, a D.J., and an open bar with STRONG drinks. The dance floor turns into a mosh pit. It is, without a doubt, the most fun party I'll attend all year. This year is especially special for me because I'll be receiving my 50-book pin. My 50th Harlequin/Silhouette book will be published in December by Harlequin American. What a long, strange trip it's been.

4 comments:

EllenToo said...

Congratulations on your 50 books pin. Enjoy the dancing at SF and all the rest.

cheryl c said...

Congrats on 50 books! What an accomplishment! I hope that you have a wonderful time in SF.

Christa said...

WTG on 50 book. Have a great time in SF

Rox Delaney said...

Congrats on the 50 book pin!!! I wish I could be there to see you get it. And, yes, the Harlequin party is always the highlight of my conference-going, too. Have a glass of champagne for me, 'kay? :)