Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rachel's last recipe

It’s been a month of fun! If you’ve made the rounds, you found the third of Rachel’s recipes, for brownies, on my agent’s blog. If not, go here http://micheledunaway.blogspot.com

For the last recipe, I’m going to give you an egg-less cupcake recipe that I use. There are no eggs in these and they are quick and easy to make. This recipe comes directly from Hershey, my all-time favorite company as they make chocolate, my diet staple. I make these and don’t even frost them. You can using the brownie frosting recipe (on my agent’s blog) but I like them just dusted with powdered sugar or left plain.

1 ½ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup Hershey’s cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt.
1 cup water
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 375. Line muffin cups (2 ½ inches in diameter) with paper baking cups (I have also used silicon baking cups and had them stand alone on a cookie sheet). In medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla, beat with a metal whisk just until batter is smooth and ingredients are well blended. Do not over whisk. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost as desired.

And for one last really awesome cookbook that I couldn’t live without, find the Hershey’s 100th Anniversary: 100 Years of Hershey Favorites at http://www.amazon.com/Hersheys-100th-Anniversary-Years-Favorites/dp/0785331646

So that’s it! I hope you have fun this month baking with Rachel and that you enjoyed both The Marriage Recipe and the romance. I don’t have any more Harlequin American novels out until January 2009, but don’t forget my two NASCAR books. Out of Line debuts in June. Check out my blog for a cover that's simply steaming. You may have to scroll a bit, but he's worth it.

Michele

3 comments:

Estella said...

Love your recipes!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oooh, eggless? This sounds interesting! I'm definitely going to try it. :)

Sarita Leone said...

This one I'm going to try today! It sounds great, thanks for sharing. :)