Monday, March 10, 2008

Harlequin American Romance Day at Cataromance.com

If you love Harlequin Americans, you won't want to miss this event--tomorrow (Wed.). Here is the notice, as posted on the Cataromance page:

Be here March 12th for a fun filled day spotlighting Harlequin American Romance. At the heart of each of these books is an incredible love story set somewhere in the beautiful US-of-A and some of the most talented authors in the industry write for this line, so you’re in for a treat.

Grab your favorite beverage, a pen and your To-Be-Bought list and grab a seat! Watch our home page for excerpts. And feel free to ask questions in the comments section below!


Kara adds: Hey, fellow authors! If you didn't get an invitation, it's probably because you were flying below the Cataromance radar. (They found me only because we're on MySpace together, I think.)

Anyway, this notice is also posted on their site:

Harlequin American Romance authors, please contact me for info on how to join in.

Kara adds: It's not to late to join in--they have a handy-dandy form to fill out, and you can include your covers and excerpts.

# # #

I am busy this month working on the third book in my SECOND SONS trilogy. The first book, RELUCTANT PARTNERS, will be out this June, and the second installment (THE PREGNANCY SURPRISE) is due for release in December. I especially love the hero of this second book because he's a sexy nerd!

Meanwhile, I am trying to survive this crazy Texas weather. We went from snow (we actually had some accumulation) to 80-plus degrees to 30s and thunderstorms in the span of a couple of days. I'm telling you, my sinus cavities can't take much more of these fronts coming through!

I've also launched a new business that has nothing to do with writing. (If you're curious, go to www.memo-pause.com.) It's really just a cottage industry, a form of creativity that uses a different part of my brain than writing does. I've found the two activities compliment each other well. While I'm busy glueing and beading, my mind is fomenting with plots and characters. When it's time to write, I'm ready to wash the glue off my hands and get cracking!

My days are pretty full, though.

One last note--I'm on MySpace now. If you're a fellow MySpacer, please come say hi and friend me! (Yes, the grammarian in me shudders at using "friend" as a verb.)

'Til next time,
Kara

4 comments:

Estella said...

I am lookinf forward to the Second Sons trilogy.

Marianne Arkins said...

Can't wait to gab with y'all tomorrow!

Kara Lennox said...

Estella--I'm excited about it, too! It's always fun to launch a new series.

Marianne--Woo-hoo! Party! I have been working diligently all day on my taxes so I would have time tomorrow to hang out at CataRomance. That is assuming I don't have to spend hours rescuing my sister and her large TV. (She bought a new TV and can't figure out how to get it home, much less how to set it up, and she's trying to draft me into helping her.)

Marianne Arkins said...

I tried and tried to figure out how to get to y'all at Cataromance, and must be a total dork...

So, I missed the party. :-(

Maybe next time!