Sunday, October 07, 2007

IN SEARCH OF A TITLE

Hi all,
I’m in search of a title and I could use your help. I have to come up with a list of titles for my next American and, okay, I’ll admit I’m stuck. The working title is Down In Texas.

Are you good with titles? I hope this will be fun and it will really help me. I’ll give you a short synopsis and see what you can come up with. I’ll draw a winner from those who post. The winner will receive a Texas beaded bookmark. You can see these on my Web site lindawarren.net. If your title is chosen, I’ll give you a free copy of the book when it is released. So do you feel like playing name that book:

Here goes: The hero, Reed, is CEO of a family owned Texas chain of department stores. Cari, the heroine, is a vice president in the company. She’s worked her way up the corporate ladder from a saleslady. Somewhere along the way she’s fallen in love with the handsome CEO. But Reed has a motto: he never dates the women working for him. It’s bad for the company.

Cari is torn between her heart and her job. At the risk of losing it all, she has to tell him how she feels. Just as she screws up her courage, Reed announces his engagement. Cari is devastated and knows she can no longer work for the company.

After a scheduled trip to an El Paso store, she plans to turn in her resignation. Then the unthinkable happens; the plane crashes in desolate west Texas. They are the only two survivors.

Now their lives are not about numbers, big business or broken hearts. It’s about survival. As they wait for a rescue team, they talk, shared and learn personal things about the other. When help doesn’t arrive, they start the long trek to civilization. Along the way they lean on each other and find courage, hope and love.

But is it real? Or is it something fabricated from their dire situation? Will it stand the test of the real world…

What do you think? Anything come to mind?
Have a great Monday.
Linda

30 comments:

Heather MacAllister said...

My first thought was "Lean on Me". I'm usually better with funny titles :)

Unknown said...

Hidden Desires, Reed's Rescue, Choices of the Heart. I can't this of anything else right now

Danny said...

I'm never good with titles... I'm thinking something like 'Surviving His Engagement."

It's early... Maybe I'll try to come up with something later. X)

Linda Warren said...

Hi there Heather,
I like Lean on me. Thank you. I will put it on my list.
For me titles seem to be getting harder to come up with, so I'm glad I thought of this. It's fun to get someone else's opinion.

Linda Warren said...

Hi bethre,
Choices of the Heart. That's another good one. It goes on the list, too. Thank you.
This is getting exciting.

Linda Warren said...

Hi Danny,
I know you live in Canada. Happy Thanksgiving!
Surviving His Engagement. Hmm. That might work. I'll add it. If you think of anything else, be sure to post.

catslady said...

Title are always hard to come up with for some reason lol

Stranded in Love
Survivor's Choice

Anonymous said...

How about "The Long Trek"?

I'm not good with titles but then I'm not a writer.

Linda Warren said...

Hi Catslady,
Yes, I agree, titles are hard to come up with. But you came up with two good ones. As I looked at Stranded in Love I immediately thought of Stranded in Texas. I have a lot of books with Texas in the titles. Thanks for jogging my memory. I'll add both to the list.
This is going well.

Linda Warren said...

Hi Ellen,
The Long Trek. That's not bad. I would probably add one word - The Long Trek Home. This is so wonderful and helpful. I'm getting a very good list now. Thank You.

Barbara White Daille said...

Hi, Linda,

How about:

THE LONG ROAD HOME

THE LONG ROAD TO ROMANCE

THE LONG ROAD TO LOVE

Good luck!

Best,

Barbara

http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Danny said...

Thanks for the Thanks Giving wishes, Linda :)

It would appear that the passage of the day hasn't improved my ability to think of title ideas... I've been keeping it in mind, though :)

Linda Warren said...

Hi Barbara,
Thank you. Those are really good. I'm witing all these down and I have quite a list. I like The Long Road Home.
Usually what I like my editor doesn't pick. Then later I'll see exactly why she picked it. She's always right.

Linda Warren said...

Danny,
Well, you been celebrating and eating and enjoying the day. And that's more important.
Thank you for taking time out of your holiday to respond.

Christa said...

Climbing up, Crashing Down.
Real Love?

robynl said...

Love's Choice
Take Me With You
Texas Over the Next Hill
Casualities of the Heart
Onward to Texas
Homeward Bound
Around the Bend
Company Policy
Heart of the Wounded
The Search For Home

robynl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robynl said...

Footsteps to Freedom
Footsteps Lead Home

Linda Warren said...

Christa,
I got them. Crashing Down works. I'll add it. Everyone has been so creative. Thank you.

Linda Warren said...

Robyn1,
Wow! I love you. What a list. I'm trying to pick a favorite and that's hard. They're all good. Texas Over The Next Hill or Onward To Texas. But then I like Casualities of the Heart, too. I'm adding all three. Now I'm glad my editor will make the final decision. Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

I thought of another one how about Right Were She Belongs?

Linda Warren said...

bethre,
That's so sweet of you to post again. I can use all the help I can get. I'll put Right Where She Belongs on the list.
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to play Name That Book with me. It's been a lot of fun and I have a lot of great titles.
I'll put everyone's name in a plastic cup in the morning and draw a winner. I'll post the name then and the winner can send me an address.
And I'll certainly let everyone know the title my editor picks.
Take care and keep reading.

Cheryl said...

A little late chiming in but this is what came to mind for me:

Detour to Happiness
Love Takes You Home
Love Leads You Home

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I thought of The Long Trek because of your statement in the preview you posted but I like the addition of the word Home.

Linda Warren said...

Good Morning,
I was all set to draw a winner but I see Cheryl and Ellen have posted.
Loves Leads You Home. That one is good. I'll add it and Ellen I've already added The Long Trek Home for you. You ladies are so wonderful.
Okay, I'll be back in a bit with the winner.

Linda Warren said...

Okay. I have all the names in a red plastic cup, even Heather's and Barbara's. They write great American's and they might need a bookmark - a Texas beaded one.
Here goes...drawing name...It's bethre! Congratulations!
Please send an address to Lw1508@aol.com and I'll put the bookmark in the mail. And I'll post as soon as my editor picks a title.
Thanks again. You've made this very special.

Jennifer Faye said...

Here's a few titles:

- Risking It All
- Lost In Love
- Surviving Love
- Too Late For Love


Jennifer

Nathalie said...

titles must be tough to find... especially when they need to be catchy!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your search :)

Unknown said...

I received my book mark and its is beautiful thank you so much