Friday, June 08, 2007

More Shameless Gushing


Oh boy! Yesterday was a great day for me. And then when Linda Warren offered to let me post this morning in her place (she's under deadline), the day got even better. Because now I get to tell everyone what I did after work. I went to my local Barnes and Noble and bought two copies of my first Harlequin American. Whee, hee!

I had a $10 B&N gift certificate someone gave me a while ago and couldn't think of a better way to spend it. So, off to the store I went. Good news, bad news. When I got to the store, the June Harlequin series books were there, all pretty and shiny in the rack. But, darn it, there were only two copies of each book.

I debated, not sure if I should buy both copies or leave one for the hoards of fans that were sure to come wandering into the store, looking for my book. I decided to take a chance and buy both books. I mean, oh boy! There was my book. In the flesh (or is that paper?) How could I resist? Hoards of fans would just be out of luck, I guess.

To celebrate, I bought a couple other books, one of how to housebreak a puppy in seven days. If you're wondering why I need advice on that, just take a look at the adorable cutie who came to live with us a month ago and hasn't quite gotten the knack of doing his business outside. I finished up my great shopping excursion by getting a Starbucks for the road.

I'm planning another trip to another bookstore in the near future. This time to Borders. Not to buy, just to look. Maybe take a picture of my book in the rack as a keepsake. Please don't laugh. I promise not to be this goofy and pathetic every time I have a new book. But, oh boy, what a great day it was yesterday!

Cathy McDavid
for free promo stuff check out my website
www.cathymcdavid.com

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy!! Congratulations on your first HAR being out--that's wonderful. I'm chained to the desk on deadline, but am determined to escape to the bookstore this weekend, so I'll have to look for His Only Wife. Also, WHAT A CUTE puppy. Good luck with the housebreaking :-)

Julie Rowe said...

Congrats, Cathy! What fun to see your book on the shelf for the first time!!

Anonymous said...

Cathy!
I was just at two different grocery stores yesterday...still no new Harlequin Americans yet. I can't wait to see yours on the shelf!

I've been a fan of yours for years! I'm so, so happy that you're a Harlequin writer!

I LOVE your puppy! Now having a cutie like that at home would just make me smile constantly. Shelley

Anonymous said...

Cute Puppy.On the housebreaking, crate training.

Cathy McDavid said...

Thanks, everyone, on the well wishes. My best friend just called me at lunch to report a sighting of my book in her neck of the woods. Yay!

Shelley, the fan-ship is mutual. Love being with the same publisher as you again! (harkening back to our Avalon days).

And, yes, anonymous, we're trying the crate training but my teenage daughter keeps taking him out (humpht).

Cathy Mc

Anonymous said...

Cathy, CONGRATS on your new release! What an awsesome feeling it would be to walk into a bookstore and see something you've written on the shelf. I can only imagine......

I love your little cutie! What's his/her name? Looks like a Gizmo to me!!

Estella said...

What a cute puppy!
Congrats on your first Harlequin American.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your first Harlequin American being out. And what an adorable puppy. Good luck on the housebreaking.

Cheryl

Lee McKenzie said...

Cathy, what an adorable puppy! Do you think he'll ever grow into those ears?

BTW, no sightings of the June American Romances in my neck of the woods, but you can bet I'm watching for them!

Lee

Kathleen said...

That is wonderful to have your first book out! Congratulations!!

And as an avid reader, I'm excited to have new books by a new author! :)

Cathy McDavid said...

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. I stopped by two more bookstores today but neither one had the June series books in stock. Argh!

Puppy is doing marginally better with the housebreaking. If only I didn't have a day job, I would stay home and get him trained (and write all day). But, alas, must work.

His name is Tsuki (silent T) which my daughter tells me is Japanese for moon. He's a Papillon and according to the vet's scale at our visit yesterday, weighs just over four pounds.

I understand the ears will only get bigger as he grows.

Cathy Mc

Unknown said...

I was giggling at you taking a picture of your book on the shelves... NO not because it is weird, but because my friend did the same thing, she took one of herself next to the book on shelf. I think the idea is great for your scrapbook.

PatriciaW said...

Congratulations Cathy! Did you have someone get a shot with you next to your books?

Unknown said...

Very cute puppy, I don't think its silly that you want a picture of your book on the shelf at the book store I'm sure I would feel that way too! Congrats on your first book

Anonymous said...

your new house occupant is a cutie patootie for sure. Woohoo on the first book.

robynl