Thursday, April 26, 2007

The real Las Vegas

Hi,
Just a quick post as I'm on my way to catch a plane to Las Vegas. My LV is not Bellagio, talking fountains, and the Eiffel Tower. The real Las Vegas is soccer moms, band concerts and weekend flea markets. In other words, it's where folks live, work and play. And how do I know that - that's easy. My extended family lives there.

I have to say, the real Las Vegas is a treasure trove of inspiration for writers - great eccentric characters, funky settings and events that are almost too hard to believe. I've used it several times. So hopefully I'll get another inspiration.
I know I'll probably be the only person on the return trip to have made only a minimal contribution to the economy. I somehow can't resist dropping a few nickels on video poker.

Ann DeFee

Georgia On His Mind - Harlequin American Romance - August 2007
Summer After Summer - Harlequin Everlasting Love - September 2007
The Magic of Christmas - The Perfect Tree - Harlequin American Romance - November 2007

1 comment:

Marin Thomas said...

Ann

I love Las Vegas! And you're right about all those "interesting" secondary characters walking around. Wouldn't it be fun to have an Elvis or a Marilyn Monroe in a story?

Marin
www.marinthomas.com
Ryan's Renovation Aug 07
For the Children Oct 07