Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Unresolved"

I don't know about you, but I've had it with making New Year's resolutions on December 31 only to find myself breaking them by January 2--and then having to deal with the guilt for twelve months afterward.

This year, it's going to be different. This year, I'm making the kind of promises to myself that we all should be happy to break.

~~~

For 2007, I hereby resolve to:

6. Learn to appreciate dust bunnies and lint. Their texture adds character to a room.

5. Keep building those piles of papers and books all over the place. This makes it so easy to find things at a glance.

4. Forget about reading for pleasure and focus only on business material. (Uhh... naturally, that includes e-mail.)

3. Utilize that treadmill--it's the perfect portable clothes rack. (Note: see #2)

2. Gain weight. This could lead to buying a whole new wardrobe! (Note: see #1)

1. Eat as much chocolate as desired, every single day.

~~~

This is even more fun than I anticipated, and I'm happy to report I've already broken a couple of these promises without feeling the slightest twinge of guilt!

So...jump right in and join me.

What resolutions will you be happy to break?

All my best to you,

Barbara

~~~~~~

Barbara White Daille

6 comments:

Kara Lennox said...

Funny girl, Barbara!

So far my resolutions are holding, sort of. I always get very ambitious this time of year about how I am going to totally redesign my life. But I think I like your attitude better. Not so many disapointments!

Christa said...

I heard dust bunnies can keep you company too. I don't thunk I want to clean my window, I like birds and I don't want them to fly into the window.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I haven't even made any REAL resolutions yet, let alone ones that I know I'll break. But, I LOVE yours. Especially the, I WILL gain weight. I think I'm doing most of the others anyway. ;-)

Barbara White Daille said...

Kara, I usually go for the major overhaul, myself, which is why I tried this new and improved version! (grin)

Christa, LOL--I like the idea of dust bunnies for company.

Tammy, I hope to catch up to you soon! ;-)

Barbara

Cindy Taylor said...

I resolve to make a hot, three-course meal every night for my family.

This is so much fun!

Barbara White Daille said...

Cindy,

I'm glad you're having fun! So am I, and I think there's a good chance I'll be adding your resolution to my list! (smile)