Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother’s Day!



I had a different concept for this month’s blog when I realized what day my post falls on.

You see, I’m not a mother.  Not in the traditional sense.  I am mother to a Schnoodle.  A Schnauzer/Poodle mix I adopted from the Marshall’s parking lot.  Duffy, is my one and only, although I do hope to adopt a child in the future.



Today I would like to thank all the mom’s out there.  Whether you are the mother of a human or an animal, adopted or full blood - thank you for the time and energy you put in every day.  Being a mom is probably the world’s hardest job. 



I would like to thank my mother, for all your love and support.  My writing has always been my passion and you’ve cheered me on through the years.  And thanks for being “Grandma” to Duffy. 

Mom’s, take the day off.  Kick back, relax and read a good book.  Let those around you wait on you.  This might be hard in my home.  I don’t know how much Duffy can do on his own, being vertically challenged and all. 

Enjoy "Your" day, Moms!

8 comments:

Leigh Duncan said...

What a beautiful tribute, Amanda! And what a cute puppy!!!

Amanda Renee said...

Thank you, Leigh!

Anonymous said...

That was lovely. I have enjoyed being your mother and love you very much. Hugs and kisses to you and Duffy.

Mom

Amanda Renee said...

Love you too, Mom.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute, Happy Mother's Day, Amanda.

Amanda Renee said...

Thank you, Tammy!

Marin Thomas said...

Thanks for the Happy Mother's Day wishes, Amanda! Duffy's one lucky pooch :-)

Amanda Renee said...

Thanks! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.