Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Delays


I am so sorry to get this in so late, but my mind has been swamped with packing, polishing my pitch and getting ready for the Romance Writer's of America convention in Orlando. I'm so excited! This is my favorite convention and I anticipate it for weeks ahead of time--then spend weeks recovering.

This year, I'm participating in the "Readers for Life" Literacy Signing. What a fabulous program! I am always amazed by--and proud of--the amount of money that is raised. If you've never been there, it is an awesome feeling to be in the same room as all those published writers. Incredibly inspiring, too.

I'm also giving a workshop at the conference this year. My friend, Sarah White, and I are talking about our "Deeply Flawed Heroes" and how to take them to bed (and not regret it in the morning!). We're planning to have a ton of fun and maybe impart a lesson or two. It's our first time presenting at the convention, so we're nervous, but looking forward to the experience.

Some news from me this month is that my upcoming release, Baby Bombshell, got 4 stars from RT Magazine. I confess to being a little concerned aobut this book. You see, Evan is one of those "deeply flawed" heroes I'm going to be talking about on Saturday. I am so happy that someone else loved him too. Well, besides Anna Berzani, the heroine of the book.

Take care and I'll see you next month.

5 comments:

Leigh Duncan said...

Lisa,
I'll look for you at the book signing this evening!
Leigh

Estella said...

What a cute cover!

Julie Hilton Steele said...

Well, based on the description of your hero as "deeply flawed", I am ordering your book. I figure you can convince me and the cute cover made me smile.

linda s said...

Your book just arrived yesterday and I look forward to reading it right away. Deeply flawed, huh? Scary. Enjoy your conference.

American Govet said...

Awesome content and the photo collection so for..:)