Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Let the Sun Shine in!

August's Household Cleaning Tip

Looking for an inexpensive alternative to store-bought window cleaners?

2 cups water
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dishwashing liquid

Gently stir these three ingredients and pour the mixture into a squirt bottle. It does a great job of cleaning glass and mirrors, dries quickly, and costs a fraction of what you'd pay at the supermarket. And because it doesn't contain ammonia or alcohol, its a safer alternative for families that have small children and pets.

Lee McKenzie
http://thewritersideoflife.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tip. Being on a limited income these kinds of tips are very useful. That way I can save my money for the important things, such as books.

Linda Henderson

Anonymous said...

I love anything that cleans without using harmful chemicals, so thanks for this.

Lee McKenzie said...

Hi, Linda. I think I speak for authors everywhere when I say we are so very appreciative of readers who want to buy books, even in tough times. I wish you many, many happy hours of reading enjoyment.

Ann, I try to avoid as many chemical cleaners as possible. Vinegar and baking soda are two of my favorite standbys.

Pamela Stone said...

Inexpensive, natural ingredients, don't have to waste time and gas to drive to town when I run out, and more money to spend on books! Sounds like a plan to me.

Lee McKenzie said...

LOL, Pam! I hadn't thought of it in quite those terms, but it's sounding better and better :)