Monday, October 06, 2008

Mystery Blog

What should I blog about? That’s a good question.

Winter/fall has returned to the Pacific Northwest with a vengeance. It’s raining, it’s blowing and in the mountains it’s snowing – oops, that sounds like a Christmas song. If I don’t miss my guess this stuff is going to be around until May. Can you say gloomy?

And speaking of gloomy - we can always discuss the economy. Way back when I got my BA and MA degrees in Political Science I had to take classes in Economics. Yep, you guess it – the minute I walked out the door I ditched all that extraneous information. So a couple of months ago I decided to do a self-tutorial on this seemingly incomprehensible subject. Consequently I’m now semi-conversant on such topics such as the CRA, GSE’s, sub primes, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, the Libro Financial Group and the Fed – now that is truly depressing. So let’s talk books.

I recently read a historical paranormal that I can highly recommend. It’s called the Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. This book intricately weaves two parallel story lines – one Grail, two women, two secrets. Both stories are set in the Pyrenees, one in the 12th century and the other is contemporary. Alais lived and loved during the French Inquisition. Alice is a modern day, reluctant heroine. But they are both destined to protect the Grail.

This book has everything – romance, love, conspiracy, violence, treachery, friendship, reincarnation, eternal life, heroics and best of all, a twisty ending. So if you have time on a rainy Sunday, head to the library to find this book. But beware - you’ll have a hard time putting it down.

Ann DeFee

The Man She Married, HAR, February 2009

Top Gun Dad, HAR, TBA

1 comment:

Estella said...

I love the weather in the Pacific Northwest!