Wednesday, February 06, 2008

3 Dreaded Words

What are 3 words you never want to hear? You’re getting fat. Whoa! That one works. But no, that’s not it. Lately mine have been “It’s not working.” So far this year has been a rebellion of household goods, cars, technie stuff – you name it and around our house “It’s not working.” That phrase is always accompanied by a pithy expletive and a heart felt wail. It’s amazing how dependent I am on 21st century technology. When the microwave went out I almost went into spasms. What? I can’t put the kettle on? Ditto for cars. When the car broke down it was like losing an appendage. And don’t get me started on the TV and the internet. Our internet tanked yesterday and when (company name deleted so I don’t get sued) came out to fix that problem the technician messed up the TV. All we get now is a picture that looks like a smeared 1st grade watercolor. Don’t they realize that American Idol is back on!! So it’s back to waiting for the magic 1-5 PM appointment and trying to get my cyber Genie back up on long enough to post this to Blogspot. Wish me luck. I'm beginning to think the Luddites had it right.

Ann

Goin’ Down to Georgia, Harlequin American Romance, March 2008

4 comments:

Jennifer Faye said...

Ann, I know exactly where you are coming from. My washer and dryer go every day with two athletic teenagers and when one or the other stops working, my world or should I say my hamper spins out of control. In fact, it's sorta broke right now as the temperature gage won't work and in the middle of winter when the water is ice cold, go figure. Time to call the repairman. Good luck with getting the television fixed.

Megan Kelly said...

Everything is breaking here too! What's up with the world?? I just recovred from two viruses--of the Trojan kind. Keeping my fingers crossed for my darling computer. Other things are going haywire, but I rely on my computer! Good luck with your technician.

Anonymous said...

As the astrologists say, Mercury is in retrograde. Whether you believe that or not, here's hoping all is fixed soon.

jayedee said...

i've tagged you for a meme over on my blog! the post about it is here:
http://tinyurl.com/3y237b

have fun!