Thursday, January 17, 2008

Web woes...

Hello, and a belated Happy New Year!

Hope your holidays were wonderful, you got everything you wished for, and your new year has started off with a bang!

My old year ended in a fizzle....

Before the holidays even began, my computer started acting up, my e-mail followed shortly after, and I was unable to access the Internet for over a month. Talk about frustration!

Since my link to the Worldwide Web was broken, I had plenty of time to wonder how everyone else felt about working and playing "out there" in cyberspace.

Are you completely attached to your e-mail, your Instant Messages, your downloaded photos, and your chat loops?

Or are these things you can live without?


All my best to you,

Barbara

~~~~~~

Barbara White Daille
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last time my computer went on the fritz it was for over a week and I was totally lost. I can't imagine a month. But I must admit, I sure got a lot more done lol.

Danny said...

I find something comforting about the Internet being there even when I'm not using it... Like I'm connected to the world and I'm not alone, or something. Heh.

Barbara White Daille said...

Catslady,

<< But I must admit, I sure got a lot more done lol. >>

I had to LOL and agree with this. It's amazing how much time can pass when I'm sitting in front of the computer.

Best,

Barbara
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Barbara White Daille said...

Danny said: << Like I'm connected to the world and I'm not alone, or something. Heh. >>

Very true, Danny! I think that's the draw for a lot of people--the idea that we can reach out at any time of the night or day, and find someone else out there.

And, hopefully, it's someone we know.

Best,

Barbara
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Unknown said...

I agree you do accomplish more when you aren't on it. I get distracted, like I make a list of what I want to accomplished for the day and many times I don't cross anything off

Estella said...

I could live without them, but I don't want to.

Barbara White Daille said...

Bethre said <<...I make a list of what I want to accomplished for the day and many times I don't cross anything off >>

But do you look at the list?! That's the real question. ;-))

(And I speak from sad experience. LOL)

Best,

Barbara
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Barbara White Daille said...

Estella wrote: << I could live without them, but I don't want to. >>

Ahh, Estella! I applaud your honesty.

Best,

Barbara
http://www.barbarawhitedaille.com